? servers

? players online

The People. Get to me!!!!

• Content Count:  371

okay i find this annoying. i join a server sometimes.

and I find a person Usually a [bAWS] Person. (that has no admin)

with a tag that looks similar to our

[sG] for example.

[§G] there are others but (the others werent in the server so i couldnt copy it from console)

[§G] Players name [baws]

is how it was when i joined the server.

now am I able to ask em to change the name. or do i have to leave em alone.

Its kinda annoyin. hell we dont even know if they act like admins. at times. when admins are not in servers. (without the commands, like threatening.)

so question is are we supposed to ask em to change their name? or is it ok for them to have it like that?.

• Content Count:  3697

If it is [§G] I would ask them to change it. It's too similar to [sG] and it could easily confuse players. But don't be a dick about it because it might just be their clan tag, and they have no intention of trying to cause a commotion. If someone catches them claiming to be an admin though, they will get in a lot of trouble.

• Content Count:  1842

yeh ive seen kids come in under [5G] and various other similar tags

and yes i agree it is kinda annoyin especially when they only put it in their name when you join a server under [sG]

Edited by Farmer Mick

• Content Count:  3391

Unless they are attempting to impersonate an admin or threaten to punish someone, I don't see a problem with it. If the player isn't being a dick, there's no reason to ask them change it.

• Content Count:  1470

I don't see a reason to change it, just ask them once, if they want to do it, as it could cause confusion, just tell them they don't have too, but it would help some people in the server.

So try asking, if they really don't want to, just leave them unless they impers. admins.

• Content Count:  513

If you see that, I recommend going in undercover. Make sure they aren't doing anything against the rules. Let them have their tag.

Yah, go all James Bond, and then FALCON PUNCH him with a ban!

• Content Count:  8383

Ive only seen one person with this tag so far, but it was with a mem tag like §G.Mem so I didnt care much but I think the other admin that was in the server with me wanted the guy to fix it. lol

• Content Count:  3697

The reason why I have (a small) problem with it, is because they might not be impersonating while you're in there, but the second admins leave they might start claiming to be an admin. And if an admin the player knows didn't tell them to remove the tag players might think it's a new admin or something.

Reply to Thread