? servers

? players online

i need help from anyone who knows bikes.

• Content Count:  903

Alright so my friend's dad want to give me this old old Yamaha Motorcycle. he said he doesn't know anything about it. it does not run but thinks it's fixable. so far i know it's something very similar to this 1981 Yamaha XJ 550 but it does not quit look right.

heres 2 pictures i got to take of it.

http://img260.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=photo0148n.jpg

What i need from u guys. is to try and find out the exact model and maybe a guess of how much will it cost me to run that thing. i know it's not much that i gave u guys and a lot that am asking but try and do ur best. this might be mikey's new fire apparatus.

• Content Count:  3440

There should be a plate with the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) located somewhere on the bike. Usually this is on the frame most likely on the down tube behind the headlight.. (that general area)

Next.. if the bike isn't running is it worth the time/money to get it running when you can buy comparable bikes that do run for very, very cheap?

If you are looking for a project and want to use it as a learning experience go for it! If you are just looking for a cheap bike.. look through the classifieds and buy one that is already in good running condition.

• Content Count:  1082

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_xj_750_seca_1981.php

I do believe that is the bike that you have in those 2 pics. is an 1981 Yamaha XJ 550 or 750 Seca

I'd recommend going to a Motorcycle forum and asking what they think it would cost to get that Seca running again, and if it is worth it or better to buy a different Motorcycle.

Edited by Ultramarine

Reply to Thread