? servers

? players online

Real life lightsaber

• Content Count:  6084

It's 2000 times more powerful than this other laser they have.....not going to suggest that it has 2000 times more length...but it'll probably be more effective for a longer range. I'm going to assume that it also generates a lot more heat.

In comparison to a gun...it's more accurate.....and if you shoot something with a gun it won't catch fire...shoot someone with this and you could light the whole building on fire.

It'll cause flash burns after a second or so on a person, second to third degree if you can keep it focused on one point, assuming it could punch through fabric THAT quickly which I highly doubt, it wouldn't cause cotton to combust.

As far as burning down a house goes, get real. It can drill through cardboard and plastic, things with very low burning temperatures. Try burning through bricks, stucko, flame retardant insulation or even a 2X6 wall stud, you'll run out of batteries before you cause any real damage to the house that a can of paint couldn't deal with.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  470

Some kid is going to buy this, mess around with it and permanently blind him and his friends...and probably set the house on fire as well.. Hopefully it will go to only military applications.

What use would the military have with 1W lasers when they could easily have some that are 10 or 100 times as powerful. The entire "controversy" around this laser is that there seems to be no reason to exist other than let people hurt themselves. (And be cool.)

• Content Count:  6712

It'll cause flash burns after a second or so on a person, second to third degree if you can keep it focused on one point, assuming it could punch through fabric THAT quickly which I highly doubt, it wouldn't cause cotton to combust.

As far as burning down a house goes, get real. It can drill through cardboard and plastic, things with very low burning temperatures. Try burning through bricks, stucko, flame retardant insulation or even a 2X6 wall stud, you'll run out of batteries before you cause any real damage to the house that a can of paint couldn't deal with.

Who said anything about pointing it at a brick?

What happened to windows.....?

• Content Count:  3736

What use would the military have with 1W lasers when they could easily have some that are 10 or 100 times as powerful. The entire "controversy" around this laser is that there seems to be no reason to exist other than let people hurt themselves. (And be cool.)

Im cool guy :cool:

but really I dont think anyone should get their hopes up until they see this thing in action it might be bs... apparently can burn your eyes up to 700 ft away tough

• Content Count:  1740

buy it for self-defense

lol, yeah and set the guy on fire if he robs you? :suspicious: :rlol:

hahaha you said retard, no j/k ,but yeah true that

• Content Count:  143

Wish I could see one of these things in action, but yeah these things seem pretty dangerous. I mean, when I was in high school, kids would use laser pointers when we had guest speakers/shows. I can only imagine the havoc they will wreak with these.

Edited by Nuada DarkHaven

• Content Count:  6084

Who said anything about pointing it at a brick?

What happened to windows.....?

Honestly, maybe nothing? If they're true glass it may pass through unheeded, or if its plexiglas or tinted maybe it would refract the light or even block it, causing the glass to warp/crack/melt. But douchebags already have an easy method of damaging glass, its called BB guns.

• Content Count:  6712

Honestly, maybe nothing? If they're true glass it may pass through unheeded, or if its plexiglas or tinted maybe it would refract the light or even block it, causing the glass to warp/crack/melt. But douchebags already have an easy method of damaging glass, its called BB guns.

....the point is that it will pass through the glass unheeded....then what? It could hit some fabric...something flammable etc.

Reply to Thread