? servers

? players online

Texting While Driving

• Content Count:  8383

They went a bit overboard with this lol I dont see a problem with someone doing it aslong as they are paying attention enough not to fuck shit up. Obviously she was like looking down the whole time which was just stupid.

• Content Count:  2284

Texting is overrated. What happened to verbal communication? Btw, it's not like if you don't text them back within a 10 second they're not going to talk to you. Just wait until the conditions become safer, like at a red light, or at a stop sign when there is nobody behind you.

A bit off topic, but I hate when I'm watching a movie and someone starts texting, it just ruins the mood.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  618

Texting is overrated. What happened to verbal communication? Btw, it's not like if you don't text them back within a 10 second they're not going to talk to you. Just wait until the conditions become safer, like at a red light, or at a stop sign when there is nobody behind you.

A bit off topic, but I hate when I'm watching a movie and someone starts texting, it just ruins the mood.

agree'd. A cell phone should be used to make calls. Sure its alright to leave a message to after nobody picks up but to do it constantly (especially while driving) means you should calm down on the phone.

So staying on topic, good powerful video. I would force every teenager with a car to watch this if i can.

• Content Count:  3697

Same as drunk driving.

No. Just no. Not even remotely comparable.

Drinking impairs your judgement, texting does not.

I do it and will continue to do it.

I'll vouch for Dracula on this rare occasion.

If you can't text without looking at the phone, don't text. I realize the road deserves most of my attention, so I focus on the road and in the back of my mind (while still looking at the road), I text with one hand (when I get the chance because I drive standard). I periodically look down to make sure I have the right words but....

Honestly, it's no different than adjusting the radio. I can text without looking, so it's basically thinking of a message (don't try to say you never talk while driving, that involves thinking of something to say as well), which is the same thing, think of something you want to say, and say it.. I can text without looking, so I can still focus on the road, and the parts where I do look at my phone is comparable to changing the radio station. (I do it very briefly (probably a split second, I put more time into checking my speeds and rearview mirrors and stuff) and then immediately look back up, and if I have to take a second glance at my phone I do so, but I always make sure my driving is good).

I've never once been in an accident, or anything of the sort (no tickets, no accidents, nothing). So for those who have numerous tickets and want to maybe lecture me about how bad it is you don't have much ground to stand on.

For aforementioned reasons, I do (not frequently but admittedly do) text, and likely will continue to here and there.

Those who can't handle it shouldn't, but I don't think it's that dangerous when you can still watch the road.

• Like 1
Edited by Bob Loblaw

• Content Count:  494

No, and anyone who does should have their license revoked. Talk about reckless endangerment. I always pay attention to the road, no matter what. Even if someone is talking to me in the car I usually don't pay much attention to them in order to keep my complete attention on the road.

Keep in mind while driving you're handling a massive chunk of metal. Not only can you easily kill yourself but you can just as easily kill other people. A car can be an extremely deadly object. Anyone who doesn't respect that doesn't deserve to drive.

I've been driving for a few years now, and I have found that following this rule to the bone has kept me out of many sticky situations I have seen on the road.

Reply to Thread