? servers

? players online

hey guys discussion

• Content Count:  195

i have a transvestite friend who is killing herself very slowly

she is morbidly depressed and has overdosed on dxm more times than i can count(so roughly((exactly)) around four) and smokes weed all day and doesn't do anything, she has tried to physically kill herself plenty of times but now she seems content to let the drugs do the work for her

i am rather scared and i am wondering if i should tell, because obviously her grandparents, whom she lives with, are either too senile to notice or just don't care to get her help

what do you guys think is a good course of action :peep:

• Content Count:  1166

I would first sit your friend down and have a talk with her. If she doesn't take your advice, verbally beat her into submission, then go from there. Get inside her head, make her regret everything. If that doesn't work, then call the cops to search her room. It's cold, but that's the only other way.

• Content Count:  3380

I would first sit your friend down and have a talk with her. If she doesn't take your advice, verbally beat her into submission, then go from there. Get inside her head, make her regret everything. If that doesn't work, then call the cops to search her room. It's cold, but that's the only other way.

Where did you learn your shit? Always Sunny in Philidelphia?

verbally beat her into submission? Ya, good idea.

yes i am heavily leaning on that but i'd rather she want the help than not and i'm trying to convince her to do it but she's so sophilistic she doesn't care about anything anymore she is literally wasting away so i am seeing no further choice

@norris

calling the cops, again, good call but i am looking for any possible alternatives before i do what i think is for her own good instead of the other way around and i highly doubt guilt tripping her will work but i will try my hand at it but be very light i mean what is she gonna do, kill herself? :mmph:

ummmmm?

what

@jen

an intervention might help if i can get her exs to come over as well, that's pretty good. thanks jen. and the thing is...

my biggest concern...

is that i've seen the insides of the system, and i know how badly they mistreat patients at mental hospitals and such. because it isn't just drugs, she is more than a little less sane than most people. drugs just make it worse, but without drugs the problem still lies within her mind. and again, i know the inside of the system. it doesn't always help and in fact she might never get out.

i couldn't live with myself, knowing i imprisoned a human soul in the dark confines of a place that will treat her like shit. it'd essentially be a living hell if it doesn't work.

• Content Count:  4960

Well coming from self experience with several friends....

You have to find out first why she's depressed in the first place.

If she thinks life is pointless, let her know that suiciding or harming herself is pointless. You really have to tell her somewhat corny things to keep her happy.

If she's unsatisfied with her looks let her know she's pretty inside and out. Things that'll make you or her blush, back to the somewhat corny things.

If she thinks that nobody likes her/she has no friends etc let he know she has you blah blah.

If it's about something in the past talk to her about it and reassure her that it was something in the past and she should just forget about it.

If she's depressed about being called a 'trannie' let her know that there will always be people who are ignortant and that she shouldn't worry about it, generally 'haters gonna hate'. You can also tell her something funny that you get picked on

about too so she doesn't feel different or alone.

You have to be willing to sacrifice your dignity and be really really corny sometimes if it means it's going to help. I know I've gotten that low with compliments but it worked in the end and I ended up having to say some embarassing things about myself too.

Really though, it depends on the situation. Differen people mean different cases mean different solutions. I personally don't think consulting random people on the Internet about it would help. Seek out your and her friends or family to help. And if it gets worse seek professional help.

• Content Count:  1166

Where did you learn your shit? Always Sunny in Philidelphia?

verbally beat her into submission? Ya, good idea.

It works surprisingly well. You've let me down, you're throwing away a good life, you have things to hope for, yada yada yada. Maybe beating is a bit strong. It only requires a dash of yelling here, a pinch of crying there. And calm down I limit my television watching to Cartoon Network.

andre also has some very good stuff that is a bit more gentle than my suggestion.

Reply to Thread