? servers

? players online

Speechless

• Content Count:  5086

(Just thought I'd post this in this thread, since shits so morbit right now.)

Two weeks ago me and my dad were driving for hours for my lisence, so we get out of the car now that we were home and the car sounds like its still running, plus the lights are on. So I say "Hey should we turn that off?" And he said somthing like Oh its automatic it will turn off. So the next morning, my dad tells me that the battery died last night. Fucking... So for the past 2 weeks I havent been able to take the driving exam because my cars been in the shop waiting for the part they need to fix the battery (The alternator was broken). SO I was supposed to be able to get my car today, when lo and behold, the car brakes were "Paper thin." My dads inexperience with cars possibly saved my life and others. Lol'd.

This is why I'm glad my father started teaching me about cars when I was little so I don't have to worry about mechanics that often or letting my brake pads get paper thin... :sad2:

• Content Count:  3736

0/care

Seen worse.

gtfo then...

Anyway baddog Id suggest learning basics about cars .. I personally believe that everyones should know some of the basic important stuff.

Change a tire in case of a flat (I suggest practicing it once in controlled dry and day environment because that shit always happens during a rain storm at night..Im doing this tomorrow with my sis)

Check your break pads every 40k miles (usually up front), thats about how long they'll last with normal driving. you can only do that with tire off.

If you have drums have them inspected about every 90k miles (usually in the back).

Know how to do basic fluid check: oil, power steering, break fluid and coolant every other week or so.

Check tire pressure visualy when you walk up to your car but gauge them every other week or so

Lastly if you like to be involve and Id suggest learning how to do your own oil change and also its a good idea to carry jumper cables in the trunk...

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1405

gtfo then...

Anyway baddog Id suggest learning basics about cars .. I personally believe that everyones should know some of the basic important stuff.

Change a tire in case of a flat (I suggest practicing it once in controlled dry and day environment because that shit always happens during a rain storm at night..Im doing this tomorrow with my sis)

Check your break pads every 40k miles (usually up front), thats about how long they'll last with normal driving. you can only do that with tire off.

If you have drums have them inspected about every 90k miles (usually in the back).

Know how to do basic fluid check: oil, power steering, break fluid and coolant every other week or so.

Check tire pressure visualy when you walk up to your car but gauge them every other week or so

Lastly if you like to be involve and Id suggest learning how to do your own oil change and also its a good idea to carry jumper cables in the trunk...

This should be taught in the Drivers Ed program, The Drivers Ed program is totally a joke these days...Thus more teenage deaths while driving. You cheat off your friend on a 20 question test and drive for 30 minutes and you have your license. Fucking Pathetic In my opinion.

Reply to Thread