55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes, I do believe in God.
    • No, I'm atheist.

What do you believe in?

• Content Count:  4685

Yes because Karl Marx is the guy we should all listen to. lol

And a random book is any better?

Or as you say, "Yes because Jesus(or insert any person here) is a guy we should all listen to".

• Content Count:  2132

Do I really have to spell this out? You're analogy was bad because we come to understand the validity of the "stork story," and although I'm more inclined to believe in God, you cannot prove it either way.

I'm saying that just because at one time a child believed in the storks existence doesn't mean is was ever real, in my analogy I compared our species to children, we have no proof of anything, thus we can't really know anything. We can propose many an explanation but just because we have one that sort of makes sense doesn't mean we should have any more reason to put faith into it rather than continue to ponder the truth.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  8383

And a random book is any better?

Or as you say, "Yes because Jesus(or insert any person here) is a guy we should all listen to".

Im not christian :S I think all so called Holy books are fairy tales or exaggerated stories since they were written by men to herd the sheep. But just because I think this, doesnt mean people lose any kind of thinking or logic in believing something higher themselves aslong as they know when to think for themselves. Where a lot of people do get lost in religion where others can sit back and laugh at them.

Comparing Karl Marx to a religious book is just silly to begin with though. lol

Edited by Drox

• Content Count:  464

I'm saying that just because at one time a child believed in the storks existence doesn't mean is was ever real, in my analogy I compared our species to children, we have no proof of anything, thus we can't really know anything. We can propose many an explanation but just because we have one that sort of makes sense doesn't mean we should have any more reason to put faith into it rather than continue to ponder the truth.

I see, when you said "yet" that messed me up and the fact that we are taught that by our parents, my bad. My main point is it takes pretty much the same amount of faith either way. Having "pondered the truth" I've come to my conclusions. Those conclusions require faith, as do all conclusions. If you come to the same end as me, I'm happy for you.

• Content Count:  2132

I see, when you said "yet" that messed me up and the fact that we are taught that by our parents, my bad. My main point is it takes pretty much the same amount of faith either way. Having "pondered the truth" I've come to my conclusions. Those conclusions require faith, as do all conclusions. If you come to the same end as me, I'm happy for you.

:')

And not a single member was flamed that day.

except caution. AND ME BECAUSE IM A HOMOSEXUAL

Edited by Caution

Reply to Thread