? servers

? players online

has anyone considered this?

• Content Count:  2553

well, considering the fact that the server population for ze is diminishing. Urgent attention is probably needed so the servers can rebuild itself.

Many of us have been think and speaking alot about the decline of ZE and, the group...

I believe there is a factor that no-one has mentioned(from what I have read) it is........

The regular players(not members) have been banned once or twice so that makes them less-confident with server so they leave the servers and go to new ones, or they have been permed.

I am just saying, the people that bring life to the server have all been bored or banned so they will make other servers better. People like hunti, he gave everyone a good time, and now he's banned. JimW also did that and since hes been banned three times and, if he has read the forums, he will PROBABLY be not-so secure with the server. Also x-liner has been reported, he was a great player to be with, he got into an arguement with *insert name here* but I was on x-liners side because I respect him from the way he handled it, they are just SOME examples...

And because the regular players have gone, new players will not join, and since the new players won't join, only events have filled the server.

Most people don't bother with the motd so they just do what they think is right, but one small slip WILL get them banned if *insert name here* is on the server. I know I have reported someone for one of these offences, but I did it to show *insert name here* that even people helping THEM can break rules and get reported, it's really frustrating!

Basically, please stop banning everyone for small offences and keep the regulars REGULAR.

I put this here because the community suggestions aren't viewed much AND because it is a question...

If you have mentioned this then that's great

If you think by *insert name here* I mean you then I'm showing you my point(or your wrong :d)

I respect your replies

By H/Z/K

Edited by HZK

• Content Count:  8383

We have rules for a reason, if you break them then whos fault is that? Ive been playing in these servers for years even before joining the forums and I have never been banned. I have been warned, of course everyone usually has. We warn people a lot, so people who get banned know what they are doing and know its against the rules.

We usually are pretty laid back about bans unless its really off the edge trolling or ignoring admins warnings, regular players have no excuse since they should know the rules better than anyone. Follow the rules, and you shouldnt have a problem.

• Like 1
Edited by Drox

• Content Count:  1652

This has nothing to do with banned players. Small Offences?? Is Friendly, Retry Zombie etc a small offence? If you think it is then you should read the rules again or leave.

Maybe server is dying because of one of these reasons or it could be that people are busy playing other games or they have rl...

Hunter stop making pointless threads.

im not saying don't have rules, I think the rules are good, I just don't believe that banning someone for one thing is particularly nice. I'm also not saying that all the rule breakers are fun to play with, far from it. I'm saying that the players WILL feel uncomfortable for getting banned after once breaking a minor rule...

To riperzz, i'm trying to help by giving extra information, I'm not saying THIS IS the reason, I'm saying it COULD be a factor, there are people that I would have reported for being a friendly zombie or retrying however I don't, you know why? Because I at least show some empathy and realize their frustration, unless they're trying to be annoying then I report them, even if I have got into an argument with, for example YOU! And at least I'm trying to help...

to drox, I have been playing on these servers for a while as well, this server, other servers and even dead servers in the past. From what I know, the people will enjoy ze every time they play it. But having someone saying "stop doing that, i'm going to report you" or "that's against the rules" every five seconds is irritating. AGAIN i'm not sayng CONSTANT RULE BREAKERS shouldn't be banned; I'm saying that when CERTAIN PEOPLE come on, many people don't have as much fun...

By CERTAIN PEOPLE I do not mean admins, I mean other CERTAIN PEOPLE

I understand your opinions

By H/Z/K

Edited by HZK

• Content Count:  8383

im not saying don't have rules, I think the rules are good, I just don't believe that banning someone for one thing is particularly nice. I'm also not saying that all the rule breakers are fun to play with, far from it. I'm saying that the players WILL feel uncomfortable for getting banned after once breaking a minor rule...

To riperzz, i'm trying to help by giving extra information, I'm not saying THIS IS the reason, I'm saying it COULD be a factor... And at least i'm trying to help...

to drox, I have been playing on these servers for a while as well, this server, other servers and even dead servers in the past. From what I know, the people will enjoy ze every time they play it. But having someone saying "stop doing that, i'm going to report you" or "that's against the rules" every five seconds is irritating. AGAIN i'm not sayng CONSTANT RULE BREAKERS shouldn't be banned; I'm saying that when CERTAIN PEOPLE come on, many people don't have as much fun...

By CERTAIN PEOPLE I do not mean admins, I mean other CERTAIN PEOPLE

I understand your opinions

By H/Z/K

If your breaking the rules then why expect less? We have NO minor offenses, a rule is a rule. If your gonna keep breaking them then you can play somewhere else, like I said we warn people but if you dont understand a warning then you really deserve a ban.

Also we have a 3 strike system, so if your banned once for like a hour, then it doesnt mean much however if you keep racking up bans then you getting perm'd is your own fault. Having rule breakers in ZE doesnt make it better for anyone so Im not sure where your going with this.

If anything (When block was still on) people would beg admins to get rid of people who thought breaking rules were funny, now your saying people getting banned for breaking rules is whats killing it? No, it isnt lol I ban at least 2-3 people every other day from MG who do the same song and dance, and that server is our most active.

• Content Count:  4473

I'm saying that the players WILL feel uncomfortable for getting banned after once breaking a minor rule...

By H/Z/K

Nobody gets banned for any significant length for breaking a minor rule (we're talking something worthy of a 5 min-1 hour ban). If they break multiple minor rules or break a minor rule multiple times, then they will get a significant ban.

Nobody should be immune from the rules, no matter how pointless you think the rule is or how "regular" you believe the member is.

And I sure as hell hope they get uncomfortable after being banned because that is the whole point. We are trying to convince people not to do what they did again.

ok have you read my post wrong AGAIN?

Seriously why do people change the word order of the statements to criticise it. Or your comprehension skills aren't paticularly 'perfect'

Usually I would say I respect your opinion, however (no offence) but that reply is far from valid italian jew....

Edited by HZK

• Content Count:  4473

ok have you read my post wrong AGAIN?

Seriously why do people change the word order of the statements to criticise it.

Usually I would say I respect your opinion, however (no offence) but that reply is far from valid italian jew....

How am I changing your word order? I quoted an exact piece of your statement that sums up your argument completely.

You think it is wrong for people to get banned for simple little things because they won't play on the server anymore as they would be "uncomfortable" being banned. This is your theory on why the server is dying (or at least one factor of it). Your solution is to not ban people for what you consider silly things so they won't be afraid to do those silly things and play on the server.

If I am incorrect in anything I have just said, feel free to correct me and any posts you have submitted on the issue.

If your issue is true, it is not a big factor at all. You couldn't even mention a handful of people, so I doubt that a large portion of SG is not going to play on the server because 3 people aren't on there anymore. What it sounds like is that a few of your buddies got banned and you think it is ridiculous that they got banned for such reasons.

What the more realistic reasons behind the lack of players on the ZE server are as follows:

1.) Shitty map selections- A lot of people complain about the newer maps that are being played. Right there, you get a good portion of the player base becoming uninterested in playing on the server for the map choices.

2.) Older players are gone- Many of the more old school ZM/SG players do not play on the server anymore. They have gotten lives, jobs, etc. Those people were a lot more fun to play with than the newer breed of young people swarming the servers.

3.) Other servers- SG has gotten new servers that offer new games or gametypes. We have plenty of people playing Minecraft, GMod, Rally, PB, Minigames, and Surf. Zombie Escape is only fun for so long before you have to move on to something else.

4.) People are just plain bored with Zombie Escape and/or CS in general.

The rules are in place for a reason. We get plenty more people complaining about how somebody slows or ruins a game because of those rule violations you find unnecessary than people who would support less rules. Nobody has even come close to agreeing with you, yet you insist we are the ones who are misreading everything and wrong. Did you ever stop to think you are wrong?

Don't get butthurt because I am disagreeing with you and don't QQ saying my reply isn't valid when you cannot even argue your points further.

Ok wow... again, comprehension skills?

First off, I HAVE read many reasons why the server is dying

Second, one quote can not sum up my whole 'essay' XD it has multiple points not one

Third, I didn't say it IS the reason, once again i am stating it MAY BE a factor

Fourth, the way you word your sentences is showing slight dislike towards me for no apparent reason. If you DO have something against me them pm it to me...

Fifth, you edited your post to put a quote in, that SHOWS your argument has changed to make mine seem invalid....

Sixth, would you like it if you were frustrated so you do one little thing then get yourself banned? I THINK NOT, so don't go thinking no-one else has emotions (like me).

Finally, READ MY POSTS AGAIN

Edited by HZK

Reply to Thread