? servers

? players online

Getting fired

• Content Count:  2994

I got fired day, it feels so bad.

I've never felt so bad, I feel like shit.

So sad.

Worst of it all, the boss didn't give an actual explanation.

Some random shit about not being able to know what to press on the computers (o.o)

Some stupid shit.

they never tought me correctly, and some things the boss expected me to know even though no one told me. It's so fucking unfair.

and no matter what arguementations I come with, she just doesn't care and comes with the same stupid excuse. I never come late, I always meet up, I've never called in saying I was sick, I've never complained abotu something, and I always did what was on the list of shit I was supposed to do before the day was over.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3697

I got fired day, it feels so bad.

I've never felt so bad, I feel like shit.

So sad.

Worst of it all, the boss didn't give an actual explanation.

Some random shit about not being able to know what to press on the computers (o.o)

Some stupid shit.

they never tought me correctly, and some things the boss expected me to know even though no one told me. It's so fucking unfair.

and no matter what arguementations I come with, she just doesn't care and comes with the same stupid excuse. I never come late, I always meet up, I've never called in saying I was sick, I've never complained abotu something, and I always did what was on the list of shit I was supposed to do before the day was over.

I don't have any idea if this pertains to you, but some places let people go just before 3 months is up so they don't have to have a legit reason to fire you. My friend worked at BP's and worked there for almost 3 months and they fired him even though he was awesome, just because they are douchebags.

Sorry to hear though :\

• Content Count:  3697

It could be different times there. Here I think it's a 3 month probationary period where they don't need a reason to fire you, after that you need to SERIOUSLY screw up, so sometimes they fire you just before 3 months if they are only trying to hire your for a few months.

Did you really like the job? Or?

• Content Count:  2994

I liked it, mostly because we sell and rent movies and video games.

So it was like a dream come true, and I always answered all the customers questions, and always could recommend good movies.

I fucking struggled even though i get shitty pay.

• Content Count:  3391

Use your energy in a job that actually matters. Pushing shitty movies and games isn't going to do much for your resume or career. Never work retail and don't expect to get paid well working retail.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6712

I've been to a lot of interviews in the last few months and had a lot of knock backs...it's tough to take especially when you think everything has gone perfectly and you couldn't do any more...but that's just life.

Get up, learn from the experience and go get another job. You've already got some experience so that's going to help you get another job....next time instead of getting stuck in a dead end job like Blockbuster look for somewhere where you have promotion opportunities.

Reply to Thread