? servers

? players online

Getting fired

• Content Count:  2186

I myself have only had two jobs.

Working at a gas station isnt that bad.

You get to meet a lot of people, get better at doing math quick and you get to kick people out of the store.

I can agree with that :)

Also, Andre, I believe you're 100% right, my problem is though, that my network isn't as huge as it used to be because I moved to Copenhagen.. I have spoken with my cousin though, who will be come the store manager of a store in my old time (takes me an hour to get there with public transport) and he might have an opening to me in the new year..

So I ended up using my network, but unfortunately not in my new home town :/

• Content Count:  2994

I expected more '0 care' but I got none.

you never had a job, therefore you don't understand

OT:

I'm still pretty young, I don't have an actual resume, but I'm happy I've worked 2 places before I turned 18 and then need an actual CV with things you've done and shit you want to do.

Though I'm very sure I got fired because it was right before "probation" period was over.

I mean sure, I can live with my parents, get financed by the goverment and sit on my lazy ass, but I'd rather get a job and do something productive.

The thing I hated the most about getting fired was that I actually cared and LIKED my job. It wasn't something "eh... fucking job, i hate it" I didn't even do it for the money (before you go RAGE ALL Jobs for moniZ" I would say I didnt because I had another oppurtinity with better pay and same effort, but rather work in a place I'm interested in.

Also, for the retail part.

YOU CAN ONLY WORK FUCKING RETAIL IN DENMARK AT AGE 15-18

If you ever manage to get a job that isn't. it's typically a summerjob at your dads work or friends dad or some shit with this ridicously huge pay. (been there, done that)

• Content Count:  3697

Don't worry man. A Person like you will find a good job. Canada's worst place to find jobs seriously. My Dad had no job due to the stock market failing like sh*t he finally has a job selling hot dogs really? I feel like losing respect for him but he needs the money. Hopefully things turn good for you.

Uhm.... No.

You lose respect for your dad when he loses his job and doesn't find another (doesn't look), not when he does, regardless of what it is.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  522

Don't worry man. A Person like you will find a good job. Canada's worst place to find jobs seriously. My Dad had no job due to the stock market failing like sh*t he finally has a job selling hot dogs really? I feel like losing respect for him but he needs the money. Hopefully things turn good for you.

the subtle elitist sentiment either points to immaturity or complete spoiled ignorance. lose - lose. so which one is it? be happy you didn't live in the 1930s.

anyways omar, idk what your whole situation is, but if you aren't going to further your education by going to college, you should probably look into a service industry that doesn't involve working behind a counter somewhere. if you're 18 i would say start now on a path towards police, fire, electrical or plumbing services. something people will always need so demand won't fluctuate radically and where you can actually work your way up more-so than topping out at store manager. if you are just looking for a job when you're in school, be a lifeguard. i worked all summer and a few days a week throughout the school year, and i was making $3-$10 more than my friends making sandwiches at subway and babysitting, depending if i taught swim lessons or just lifeguarded. its one of those jobs where a whole lot of people don't consider, so there are always openings.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2994

This thread was a let down

Why?

OT:

I'm 17 and currently under education in college, so there's no problem there. it's just a job so I don't starve to death.

Reply to Thread