? servers

? players online

BC2 HELP

• Content Count:  607

Well i gave my friend £20 who then bought it with his debit card and gifted me it through steam, i downloaded it and when i come to play multiplayer it says "Can not connect to EA online" It's been 2 days with the same message so i doubt EA is down.

Help?

• Content Count:  2085

EA is awesome because they give such good and verbose error details! :rolleyes:

Does the error happen when logging in, or when connecting to a server?

I assume you tried rebooting your computer. Try verifying the game cache. Check if you have a firewall blocking the connection? If that fails, try updating Punkbuster. Is that fails, you could try contacting EA support.

Well because i have it on steam, you dont have punbuster, when you through the files in steam there is no updater. It says for login and looking for servers. It's allowed through my firewall but the one thing i havnt tried is...rebooting my compputer. When it's finished downloading and it doesnt work i'll try tht xD

you dont have punbuster

You do. That's the anticheat in BC2. Check out \Steam\steamapps\common\battlefield bad company 2\pb and \Steam\steamapps\common\battlefield bad company 2\install\PunkBuster.

Hopefully the reboot will work, that's a "try this first" fix, as it solves 90% of problems.

all in pb is .dll files. No exe

EDIT: It's in Install then PNKBSTER

Also Bullgaurd firewall and Windows firewall are letting punkbuster through and BC2

Edited by Strike

all in pb is .dll files. No exe

You have PB. You can check for updates by running http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php (though it should update automatically).

Try rebooting your computer first though, it might fix it.

Could also check if your router has a firewall blocking it, if the reboot doesn't help.

• Content Count:  3697

I had this exact same thing. When running through steam it doesn't run the updater. Go into the folder and run the BC2 updater manually (may take a while). 100% guarantee this works because this is exactly what happened to me until I figured it out.

Fixed. I went into CMD as admin, and typed in "netsh interface....global ecnability=disabled

If you just google the first few words you might get the whole thing, but yeh solved my problems, i'm now a lvl 18

Thanks

Reply to Thread