? servers

? players online

We Belgians, got a new world record! yay .

• Content Count:  1563

Couldn't you just smell the sarcasm when you clicked this thread ?

Belgians are staging a series of tongue-in-cheek events to mark what many there see as a new record - the world's longest wait for a government.

Belgium has been without a government for 249 days - longer than Iraq - as parties from the Dutch-speaking north and French-speaking south remain split.

To mark the event, 249 people plan to strip naked in Ghent, and there will be free beer and chips in other cities.

Organisers hope the events will boost efforts to break the political impasse.

"We've had enough of political games," Kliment Kostadinov, one of the organisers, told the AFP.

"We must get a government fast and a reform of our institutions that is good for all Belgians."

Johan Vande Lanotte, who resigned recently from the post of king's mediator with the task of ending the crisis, urged Belgium's political leaders not to give up on finding a solution.

Continue reading the main story

“Start Quote

Belgian king's former mediator Johan Vande Lanotte

You don't make major reform of the state without enormous pain in your own ranks”

End Quote Johan Vande Lanotte Belgian king's former mediator

He told Belgian radio that he had achieved agreement on up to 70% of his text but the final step had proved difficult.

"If the gap is so great, the parties should take great steps. That is not easy. Often they don't realise how hard that is. You don't make major reform of the state without enormous pain in your own ranks," Mr Lanotte said.

In a speech later in Ghent, he set out proposals for a Belgian union made up of four separate parts - Dutch-speaking Flanders, French-speaking Wallonia, the capital Brussels and German-speaking areas.

A caretaker government has been running Belgium since last June's elections which failed to produce an outright winner.

Although it took 249 days before Iraq achieved an outline agreement on a government, approval was not forthcoming for another 40 days, and some have questioned whether Belgium has yet broken the dubious record.

But that did not stop dozens of student organisations marking the event under an umbrella group entitled "Not in our name".

Although many of the events, such as stripping and eating chips, appeared light-hearted, organisers insisted they had a serious political message of conserving social security and strengthening solidarity.

BBC News - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12492872

250 days and still counting .. I blame the french.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4960

As a true flemish man.

I hate the french.

FLANDERS INDEPENDENT FFS!

We got a new world record... thanks to those frenchies..

Look who is trying to troll the flemsh people:

dirupo.jpg

A gay bitch.

milquet.jpg

And this bitch that can only say "No".

In fact i hate this country.

• Content Count:  393

Why blaming all the french when it's obvious our leaders are retarded ? Maybe you're joking when you say your shit about french-belgian, mapper, but we won't have a government neither with people who are thinking like you do.

It's not the time to say some racists joke. Blame the politicians, not the population.

That was my 2 cents kthxbai.

• Content Count:  4685

Why blaming all the french when it's obvious our leaders are retarded ? Maybe you're joking when you say your shit about french-belgian, mapper, but we won't have a government neither with people who are thinking like you do.

It's not the time to say some racists joke. Blame the politicians, not the population.

Racist? LOL

• Content Count:  4960

So all our money is going to the frenchy side just because the deployment numbers are higher.

Frenchies just lazy or too dumb to find a job?

You guys don't want to learn flemish? Ok just don't touch our money then.

If i ask a guy from wallonia to talk flemish, he will probably just say nothing just because he knows he can't speak it or just a few words.

We learn french at school, the other side won't do shit in return.

Kthnxbye!

Time for Vlaams Belang and N-VA to take over this country and be done with the frenchies exploiting us.

• Content Count:  393

We learn french at school, the other side won't do shit in return.

Actually we do learn dutch. En ik kan een betje nederlands spreken. Maar ik vind je taal saai. Problem, Mr.Perfect ? Also, around 30 millions people speak dutch. Around 100 millions speak french. sup with dat ? Dutch is pretty useless. French tho imo, but french is spoken in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada (Quebec), Congo, all the french old colonies (most of them are islands). Facts are fact. When I travel to the flemmish part I usually speak english, since flemmish language isn't exactly that same as dutch.

You flemmish guys are pretty selfish. You don't want us anymore ? Then gtfo we don't really need guys like you, others more sympathiek nederlanders trust in Belgium. The only one who block all the negociation for the futur government is De Wever. Strange thing, he totally looks like you.

I do accept there are troubles in this country, but really grow up. You're not alone in the world. Otherwise -> gtfo and create your own country on an another planet.

Now I'll ask you to stop this pointless argument, I don't want to be banned or see you banned... again.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread