? servers

? players online

Out of curiosity, fellas

• Content Count:  488

For most of us it's basically what drac said. Potshot had put up a post earlier that showed Garfield trying to sell the community since December 1st. And if only you heard the way he talked about this community and that he'd never sell it on so forth.

And for that, everybody forgets the part he played in running the forum.....

It is a thankless job....

As harp said, we do not hate you, if garf told us he was selling SG we all would of paid for it.

But if we did not reach the price he then could of told us about you.

But thats my 2cents..

Well, as I have mentioned before, whats done is done. But if the members at SG decide to run it by themselves, I won't really have an option but to hand it over to you guys.....

To all of the 'give those guys a chance'-haturrrs...

No one is protesting against Amit and his crew..

As stated in almost every post about this matter it is the whole situation! Getting a fair chance of deciding the faith of SG is what's up here..

If, 2 months ago, Garfield would've asked us all if we wanted to split the price up in equal shares or else he would sell it to Amit.. What do you think we would've come up with?

Amit seems like a cool guy, no doubt! He is friendly, concerned and understanding.. I don't think there are no one here hating on you or on you buying SG.. We just want a chance to get a part of the cake, you know..

'Hey kids, I invited the neighbour over for icecream - go mow the lawn meanwhile!' .. No thanks.. :)

As stated above, there still is a chance to get a part of the cake.....if that is really what you guys want. I haven't bought it yet....and we're still at status-quo .. So why all these rants ?

Okay, I don't understand how this thread has evolved into pure "give this guy a chance" posts. No one is saying anything bad about Amit at all. How could we when all we know about him is vague plans to 'improve' this community?

The one who is subject to our, or at least my, hate is Garfield. He betrayed this community to get a new MacBook and to be honest he doesn't seem like he's been giving a shit about this at all - it's all about buying and reselling valuable URLs for him. Fuck him.

If you guys see it as an improvement to sell this site for several thousands Dollars, cash money straight into Garfields pocket, to a person who admits he doesn't play any Steam games, to have him make this a large site with all sorts of random people discussing games no one in the current userbase cares about, then fine, that's the majority rule.

Maybe there won't be any changes to SG, then fine, no worries. But in my eyes, once this site is sold to Amit, he might listen to us, but he is the one spending serious cash on the site and he's the one to have the final say on every singe decision - from closing non-profitable servers to ban swearing. That's a lot of power to handle a random buyer promising gold and green fields.

I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a Mac...but thts not the point.

Plz do not judge a person by this one instance. Buy a Mac....hell, you put it like he's killing someone. Remember, he put his own money to acquire SG in the first place.....and how his requirements have changed. Grow up....if the guy wants anything from his own money, he has the fuckin' right to buy it.

As for your other points, the proposed shared-ownership .... I've already stated my opinion about this. So, please end this discussion right now. The site belongs to GF as of now....I'll acquire it by this weekend.....and if the members want to run it on their own, I'll have absolutely no objection, and will walk away wishing you all the very best of luck.

Amazing that it took 9 pages before this comment came..

I know both me and Saxe has pure positive thoughts about Amit & Co. - this was purely hypothetical topic!!

Saxe listed 3 concerns in OP that it could run under IF (big IF!!) Garf had offered the community to share stocks or group together as investors.. That's nothing to build a stockholders solution from!

Oh, and Saxe ninja'ed me.. Read his post above instead

Plz read above. I addressed your concerns. I can understand where you're coming from... but running a site on a shared-ownership is easier said than done. But if you guys have a plan, feel free to let me know....

EDIT: I hate Drama !!

• Like 1
Edited by Amit

• Content Count:  1470

I can live with drama....but yesterday was like watching a 12-hr opera with your in-laws....

It'll probably get better as soon as you start adding servers, improving forums, etc.

Either way, I don't hate either amit, charles or garfield.

Garfield just did what he had to do, if he has no faith in himself being capable of making steamgamers better, why would he keep it. If he can even make some money out of it, WHY NOT?

He had even made sure it wouldn't get in the wrong hands, he turned down offers to make sure steamgamers would go in a good direction, in the end he payed alot for steamgamers, covering all the money that wasn't gotten by donations.

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT IT.

I'm sure amit and charles make an excellent team to run steamgamers, to all that say Amit has never even touched steam, he can still run a forum, make financial descisions and such.

As for the server, isn't charles here for a reason, he is a true steam - gamer, he has had steam for over 5 years so he will probably be playing on a regular basis on the servers he can find out what might be the best option for servers.

That's my opinion, you can disagree, but you can't say I'm wrong.

• Content Count:  1158

This isnt drama. This is an in-depth discussion about the future of SG. I won't stop giving my input and end the discussion, so if you want to censor my opinion, you can ban me.

The point is that indeed Garfield is the owner of SG on paper, but him cashing in on the hard work of others is despicable. I understand why you want to keep things quiet until you're legally the owner, since we cant Do shit about anything after that day.

Reply to Thread