? servers

? players online

Who here will be willing to buy this?

• Content Count:  3791

I was only thinking about doing this because there's a 1k margin for profit selling these top range computers.

I was thinking crossfire HD6970's

• Content Count:  1740

way too overpriced, the computer shop that i work at, has a PC builder, i just build the entire setup with the same specs, for £2,500, i even put in a SSD with 120 GB and the most expensive RAM and GPU's.

i wouldn't buy that even if it work the last PC on Earth.

way too overpriced, the computer shop that i work at, has a PC builder, i just build the entire setup with the same specs, for £2,500, i even put in a SSD with 120 GB and the most expensive RAM and GPU's.

i wouldn't buy that even if it work the last PC on Earth.

It costs me the same to build it, I'm not selling any of them yet, just generally doing a bit of market research, to be honest I think I'm going to drop the specs + price down, be around 2k but still 6core i7 crossfire etc.

• Content Count:  6741

There's too many competitors out there that can do this job more professionally and cheaper than you. No offence but you are in-experienced when it comes to building computers (this is in comparison to system builders who are knocking up 2-3 machines per day).

If you want to start making money then you need to find a niché market..

There's too many competitors out there that can do this job more professionally and cheaper than you. No offence but you are in-experienced when it comes to building computers (this is in comparison to system builders who are knocking up 2-3 machines per day).

If you want to start making money then you need to find a niché market..

I've been building computers for around two years, If I had the money and time I could do around 4/5 computers a day... There not hard, it's basically advanced lego...

I never said it was hard, hence why you would have so much competition. How many computers have you honestly built in that '2 year' period? I built my first computer about 4 years ago, doesn't mean I've been building on a regular basis (daily) ever since.

As I said, look on any website selling parts, look at Ebay. They are gonna' sell pre-built systems for much cheaper than you can afford to.

I never said it was hard, hence why you would have so much competition. How many computers have you honestly built in that '2 year' period? I built my first computer about 4 years ago, doesn't mean I've been building on a regular basis (daily) ever since.

As I said, look on any website selling parts, look at Ebay. They are gonna' sell pre-built systems for much cheaper than you can afford to.

I'm not going to turn this into an argument, but you don't know what price I can get components at... Lets use an example here, when AMD re-released the Athlon about 3-4 months back (I think) they were going for around £75 (Cheaper now obv) I could get the ones just released at £50. Basically, I can get CPU's and GPU's at wholesale price.

Another thing, I can actually make computers at a really good price; it could cost me £960 to make a 3D capable computer, AMD 6 core 8GB DDR3 computer for £960. That comes with a watercooled CPU.

Just to clarify things, the computer I was doing market reseach for, massively over-specked one, it costs around £2.2k~ to build.

I'm not going to turn this into an argument, but you don't know what price I can get components at... Lets use an example here, when AMD re-released the Athlon about 3-4 months back (I think) they were going for around £75 (Cheaper now obv) I could get the ones just released at £50. Basically, I can get CPU's and GPU's at wholesale price.

Another thing, I can actually make computers at a really good price; it could cost me £960 to make a 3D capable computer, AMD 6 core 8GB DDR3 computer for £960. That comes with a watercooled CPU.

Just to clarify things, the computer I was doing market reseach for, massively over-specked one, it costs around £2.2k~ to build.

There's absolutely no argument to be had. In no way, shape or form were my posts inflamatory.

My point was that you were asking us if we would buy a computer for £1,300 more than what the parts cost. Your profit margins are plain greedy, no one would buy this.

Gamers that would actually spend that sort of money on a build like that would almost certainly know how to build it themselves or get a professional builder to do it for them. Like I said, you are another kid who's whacked together a couple of your own machines over the years..

For cheaper systems, by all means go for it. If you think that you can make a decent profit.

Reply to Thread