? servers

? players online

is this worth my money

• Content Count:  228

i am willing to spend the amount this computer is but i want to know if i can get it cheaper any where. its a dv7t with pretty good specs (all in link) but im not a PC expert like some of you (keep in mind im 15 and dont need a huge amount of power in my PC)

as some of you know i am using a very old crap computer that can only barley play minecraft and i want a new computer and rly want a laptop that can play most pc games that is also a computer that looks nice and i maby will bring with me (i know its big but im fine with that)

http://www.passwird.com/c/searchnews.pl?dosearch (its the first computer that will come up)

• Content Count:  522

i can't see anything on the link. it says "No news items matched your criteria"

if you aren't going to college for a few years and you just want to play games on it, don't get a laptop. they don't really have any benefit if you're just going to keep it home. build yourself a desktop, you'll save more money and get a much better gaming computer than you will have from a laptop at the same price. they aren't that difficult to build at all, look up some tutorials on youtube and im sure you'll find all you need to know

sry about the link try this but i found a coupon that makes it ~$850

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/store_access.do?template_type=series_detail&category=notebooks&series_name=dv7tqe_series&aoid=35252

and ive thought about building a desktop but the computer i will be getting is also going to be my collage laptop and this seems right for the job

• Content Count:  522

Western Digital - Scorpio Blue 250GB Internal Serial ATA Hard Drive for Laptops

* Our Price: $44.99

Corsair - XMS3 2-Pack 4GB DDR3 DIMM Desktop Memory Kit

* Our Price: $99.99

EVGA - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1.25GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card

* Our Price: $259.99

Cooler Master - Elite 460-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply

* Our Price: $39.99

Cooler Master - Elite 330 Mid-Tower Chassis

* Our Price: $59.99

Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade - Windows

* Our Price: $119.99

Intel® - Core™ i5-750 Processor and ATX Desktop Motherboard Bundle

Model: i5-750-DP55WG-BNDL

* Our Price: $369.99

Subtotal:

$994.93

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17005&type=page&pageId=pcat17005&pageType=page&_DARGS=/site/en_US/global/nav/olsminicart.jsp_A&_DAV=

not sure if you can see that cart or not, but i just threw this together in 5 min for an example. for $150 more it blows that laptop out of the water and you have the ability to upgrade it later cheaper/easier than a laptop. depending on what hardware you already have/want its going to be cheaper/more expensive; im just saying for a gaming system you can't go wrong with a custom built desktop

• Content Count:  3736

I went through college without a laptop..Am I different from everyone else???? I had a desktop at my desk if I was away from my desk ..well i wasnt gaming or doing school work.

All in all I have this cheap ass laptop now and I can type on it if I need and I game on my desktop..

Build a nice desktop. buy a cheap laptop?

Winnings

• Content Count:  1980

• Content Count:  421

since your 15, you still have 3-4 years till college, if you buy that laptop now by the time you get to college it will be outdated

so just save your money and build a nice desktop

and if you still want a laptop when you go to college then just buy one then

the reason i want a laptop is because i want something that i can take places with me not really for gaming just for the hell of it and i dont need a super powerfull computer im probably just going to play css gmod and maby tf2 cuz i already have and xbox

Reply to Thread