? servers

? players online

European-only channel

• Content Count:  8383

Then you find an empty channel and either mute other people or tell them politely to leave and they will?

Also in Mumble you can make your own channels and they get automatically deleted once you leave them. No one would be jelly then and people would have their own rooms whenever they want. ANOTHER GOOD REASON TO DROP VENT.

Or they could have a private channel where they don't have to mute people, also TS3 has the same feature sooooo not sure how that was some kind of hooker for Mumble when it's a common feature in other programs. lol

• Content Count:  1116

Or they could have a private channel where they don't have to mute people, also TS3 has the same feature sooooo not sure how that was some kind of hooker for Mumble when it's a common feature in other programs. lol

If Ventrilo lacks such a "common feature" then why are we still using it?

If Ventrilo lacks such a "common feature" then why are we still using it?

Not sure why you're asking me, personally I like TS3 a lot better than vent ever since the sound quality of TS was improved from TS2. Since back when TS2 was around, vent was a better option quality wise. Now it's debatable between programs, the most logical answer would probably be we're just too lazy to change it.

• Content Count:  2085

also TS3 has the same feature sooooo not sure how that was some kind of hooker for Mumble when it's a common feature in other programs. lol
What a silly argument. iPhone lets you make calls, why would someone choose an Android phone instead?

Not sure why you're asking me, personally I like TS3 a lot better than vent ever since the sound quality of TS was improved from TS2. Since back when TS2 was around, vent was a better option quality wise. Now it's debatable between programs, the most logical answer would probably be we're just too lazy to change it.
TS3 uses the Speex codex, which Mumble uses. The quality with Mumble is dynamically adjusted based on bandwidth for the user, so it always keeps a very low latency. TS3 does not do this, so you will always have a higher latency than you would with Mumble. I don't know of a single TS3 feature that Mumble doesn't have other than "is non-free, bloat filled, and gives higher voice latency"?

What a silly argument. iPhone lets you make calls, why would someone choose an Android phone instead?

What a stupid thing to say as if I was referring to the ability of talking on the program when I was talking about it's features that vent doesn't have, your comparison made as much sense as comparing a housewife to a street whore. Or maybe I just missed what you were getting at with that comparison. lol

TS3 uses the Speex codex, which Mumble uses. The quality with Mumble is dynamically adjusted based on bandwidth for the user, so it always keeps a very low latency. TS3 does not do this, so you will always have a higher latency than you would with Mumble. I don't know of a single TS3 feature that Mumble doesn't have other than "is non-free, bloat filled, and gives higher voice latency"?

Wtf are you arguing with me about exactly? lol I really don't care about Mumble since I have never used it, so having a discussion about a program I have never really used is pointless. I was merely stating how I prefer TS3 over Vent, since I don't care much for Vent. So in a way I'm on your side, just not on the Mumble bandwagon since I have yet to actually use the program.

Edited by Drox

• Content Count:  2085

What a stupid thing to say as if I was referring to the ability of talking on the program when I was talking about it's features that vent doesn't have, your comparison made as much sense as comparing a housewife to a street whore. Or maybe I just missed what you were getting at with that comparison. lol
And Mumble has all those features, plus more. You can't say one thing is better than another without trying them both out.

And Mumble has all those features, plus more. You can't say one thing is better than another without trying them both out.

I never really said Mumble wasn't good, like I said and like you have just said. I haven't tried it yet to give a honest opinion about Mumble. Which is why I never gave my opinion on it so far, I was really just comparing TS3 to Vent since it also had the feature we were speaking about.

Edited by Drox

• Content Count:  1116

I just don't understand why half of the users in Vent (who would normally talk to other people in public channels) suddenly feel the need to have a circlejerk in a locked channel. This isn't how a community works. People complained about it before (when Zealot and pals had their locked channels) and now that they're finally gone (thanks to Mikey getting himself banned) it's worse than ever.

Reply to Thread