? servers

? players online

Never-ending Slide Design

• Content Count:  498

Hey SG,

So, as of this semester, one of the classes in my biological engineering major is requiring our assistance in the construction of a playground, as this is the teacher's hobby and she managed to somehow get the school to make this course about said hobby. We are essentially split into teams of three to four, and we need to come up with a team name, motto, and design. The team name and motto my partner's and I have already decided on (assuming it does not get rejected), and I'm here to ask about the logo. Since it is a playground design, my thoughts were to have a never-ending slide, sort of similar to the concept of the never-ending staircase (found here) attached to some sort of multi-purpose play complex. I was going to post this in the request a sig/avatar forum subsection, but I had no idea how to specify all this in those tiny little boxes. If anyone could help me out, I'd be in your debt, and all credit will be given where credit is due when presented at the end of the semester.

Also, in the quite probable case that our team name/motto get's rejected, what are some of your ideas (if you don't mind sharing)? The project is based around rebuilding playgrounds in public elementary schools which do not have the funds to redesign their playgrounds to meet current playground safety requirements. Because it pertains to elementary schools, it has to be G-rated.

Our current team name (waiting approval): Artificial Selection (playing off of Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection). I highly doubt she's going to allow it to go through, but I'm going to argue that the selection is based on the play equipment and not the children's survival.

Our motto (probably will not get accepted): Preventing Playground Paralysis. The alliteration is catchy, and it states pretty much what we're trying to do.

Thanks for your time.

Reply to Thread