? servers

? players online

Avro off to Europe, Looking for Suggestions

• Content Count:  1079

Hey, all!

I'm heading off with my father to Europe in two weeks, from the 12th to the 28th of August. We're landing in Frankfurt and driving around all over the place with a German friend of mine.

We're willing to drive anywhere within 12-13 hours from Frankfurt, so our limit is not entirely outrageous. The plan is entirely subject to change, but our current sketch is Frankfurt --> Köln --> Hamburg --> Växjö --> Berlin --> München --> Wien --> Bern --> Stuttgart --> Frankfurt.

Obviously we'll be going to places between those goals, and we may change the goals altogether since we're flexible due to the car, but, having digressed...

here's my inquiry!...

If you live in or near those areas, or have ever visited them, I'm looking for suggestions for which places to visit, whether there's a good museum, pub, bike trail, or whatever. And, hell, if you're in the area and I actually know you a little well, maybe we can meet up :d

Thanks in advance!

• Content Count:  3791

You could drive to London in under 12 hours from Frankfurt haha

Yes! Come to London then get a train to Derby and taste some of the best Real Ales in the World :')

• Content Count:  4960

Yes! Come to London then get a train to Derby and taste some of the best Real Ales in the World :')

I'd do that if I was sure to have a sleeping place xd

• Content Count:  3791

I'd do that if I was sure to have a sleeping place xd

My bed count? Only messing man, you should do! I go back to uni in four weeks (Roughly) so I will have my house again, come visit! :d

• Content Count:  2122

Since you're going to München and Wien, drop by Salzburg on the way, it's a great city.

I lived in Köln for the past half year. I don't know how long you'll stay there, but you should drop by the chocolate museum and the kölner Dom (right next the the hauptbahnhof) All the museums near the cathedral suck, so don't bother; if you're a museum person, Berlin and Munchen have way better ones. Go across the Rhein at night through the main bridge near the Dom for an amazing night view of Cologne. If you're into city tours, you can always find free ones near the cathedral. Since you're going with your father, I doubt you would go clubbing, but if you want go to Heumarkt or just walk down Zülpicher Str, that's where all the students go.

Stop by Münster on the way from Cologne to Hamburg. It will be very different from all the touristy cities. It's a student town where like 40% of the inhabitant ride bikes. They have a cycling avenue that circles the entire city center. It's a beautiful city and there are usually no tourists.

Reply to Thread