? servers

? players online

Subaru BRZ, Nissan 350z, or Hyundai Tiburon?

• Content Count:  202

DirkJR: I didn't mention the reliability of Mercedes. They're just incredibly expensive, both in retail terms and repairs, when/if they're needed.

Jazzman: I bought a 350z based on what you mentioned as well. I remember the first time I saw them in '03 in the showroom. One of the nicest cars around, I thought. I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved my Z, but compared to my Jeep, I'd take my Jeep. You can't ride in a Z for more than 10-15 minutes without severe back pain and the turn radius is crazy wide. I had to 3-point turn in areas where some pickup trucks didn't have to. They sound nice, but they don't move as fast as they sound, again, don't get it twisted, fastest car I ever owned, but they're not the fastest out there. In terms of overall handling, comfort and fun, the BRZ is top choice (RX8 would be an amazing choice as well, but it's a girl's car, unfortunately). The G35 is a 350z with a more expensive price tag (same engine, same chassis, same brakes, same everything). If a Mustang were to be considered, they'd have to be 2010+. Those are so good Tokyo Drifters are beginning to use them alot. I would stay away from German cars because of the pricing.

• Content Count:  4980

I did not know about the turn radius tbh. If its got that bad of a turn radius then upgrading the suspension or increasing stability by installing spoilers for higher speeds could cost much, and maybe still not make a huge difference. Well that is why you should always test-drive the car before you get it, and also observe the specs in detail. Whats causing the back problems? If its the seats you can always adjust them?

The Mustang 2010+ would be good to have as your second owned car. They are a bit exclusive to the ones we are discussing here I think.

By the way, why not a Lexus IS300? The price tag is about the same as the three you originally listed, and its got a sporty touch to it aswell.

• Content Count:  623

By the way, why not a Lexus IS300? The price tag is about the same as the three you originally listed, and its got a sporty touch to it aswell.

Although Lexus is an amazing car and i love them its just not a car i see myself driving right now. While i dont need a 4 door family car id like to have some fun with a sports car or the jeep i want to build.

• Content Count:  2167

It occurs to me that you can buy a Dodge Challenger R/T for $25k new. Just another option. I have spent hours driving that car, the ride quality is excellent yet confidence inspiring (don't expect sports car feedback) and the 400HP is just plain fun. Just make sure you get the manual if you look at one. The manual option is lifted straight from the Viper and is rather good.

• Content Count:  623

It occurs to me that you can buy a Dodge Challenger R/T for $25k new. Just another option. I have spent hours driving that car, the ride quality is excellent yet confidence inspiring (don't expect sports car feedback) and the 400HP is just plain fun. Just make sure you get the manual if you look at one. The manual option is lifted straight from the Viper and is rather good.

Im not sure how the newer models are but i heard a lot of bad stuff in terms of quality with the challengers. Besides that i would mind having one but i dont think id buy one. Thanks for the suggestions though, the more options the better.

• Content Count:  501

Challengers have fake, painted-on carbon fiber. I wouldn't go American. BRZ is still top choice here in terms of, well, everything.

It's settled. Buy a BRZ. Subaru's never fail, I'm considering of getting another WRX myself. As soon as I get rid of this damn S2K.

• Content Count:  2167

Challengers have fake, painted-on carbon fiber. I wouldn't go American. BRZ is still top choice here in terms of, well, everything.

No, they don't. They DID at launch on the SRT have that fake shit. and it was stupid. They dont do that anymore and they never did that on the R/T, the one I mentioned. The Challenger platform is a shortened wheelbase version of the platform used by the charger, which was designed by mercedes-benz and borows the front suspension from an S class and the rear from an E class. The car its self was made in Canada and Dodge is owned by Fiat, an Italian company. So its not really an American car, and as a result is not really shitty. I assure you I was one of the first to laugh at the decals and plastic shit when these things came out but rest assured they cleaned their shit up.

All that being said I would still prefer the M3 or M Coupe. I can't tell you much about the Nissan having never driven one.

edit: does anyone know anything about the G37 coupe?

Reply to Thread