? servers

? players online

Smoking a pipe

• Content Count:  4960

So, after doing this for a while now.. I want to know if there are other people who smoke a pipe (read: pipe, not bong) once in a while.

Also, do you have your own pipe, what brand of tobacco do you use, do you have any suggestions or instructions how to enjoy it more, etc.

I have bought my first pipe a year ago when I went to Rome.. I saw an old man smoking a pipe and the smell, scent and scene of it all made me curious. I always saw old people smoking pipes so it wasn't that odd. But there was a tobacco shop next to it, and it was full of young(er) people who bought tobacco, were smoking sigarettes and even some smoked a pipe.

So, as curious as it was.. I went in the shop and bought a normal pipe (no known brand) of 36€ and a small pack of tobacco ( you can think "why would somebody start smoking? How can you be so dumb?" but I am 20 years old, have done more than smoking a regular smoke and you have to enjoy the small things in life.) and a regular small box of matches.

I filled the pipe around 1/3 to try it and immediately felt relaxed as I lighted up the pipe, took in the first taste of smoke in my longues and felt relaxed, happy and out of the world (with normal tobacco btw). The difference between a pipe and a sigarette is the need to finish it. I have to admit that I only smoke pipe when i'm certain that I have atleast an hour to enjoy it.

So I came home and let that habit go (my girlfriend hates smoking) and forgot about it.. the pipe was left untouched in my drawer for 4-5 months.

Until I left for the Dominican Republic a week ago. I randomly put the pipe in my luggage and off I went. As the warm weather was very nice each evening, the need of relaxation was there from the moment we got there. We (gf and I) sat down, had a drink and had a very relaxing evening.

Of course there was a feeling that I forgot about something.. So the next evening, I went to get my pipe and saw that my tobacco was almost gone.. I went in a small shop around the hotel and bought some random tobacco. I went to the lounge bar, threw myself in a hammock and enjoyed my pipe.. My gf was taking a shower so I had a while xD I went back to the shop the next day and actually bought myself an upgrade (a pipe of 59€, instead of my first one that was a billiard this one is bent)

Since then I often (2-3 times a day) light up my pipe, and act all nostalgic as I wonder how people forgot all about pipes and the skill of smoking and cleaning them.

As for you guys, who of you has this too? I'm not trolling in any way, I just want to know if it's really dead to the new generation.

Thank you!

TL;DR: DO YOU SMOKE A PIPE? YES/NO, IF YES TELL SOMETHING ABOUT IT OR POST A PICTURE OF YOUR PIPE(S)

1z496i8.jpg

My new pipe, Have used it for 4-5 times now and still looks unused xD

Edited by Zaraki

• Content Count:  2844

I've never been a regular smoker and have only tried pipe a couple of times with something stronger so there isn't much I know about them. However I have tried my friends electronic cigarettes and I quite liked them. I've even considered buying one for myself but then again, I don't smoke that often.

I also do smoke a cigar every now and then when I'm out with a good company.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread