? servers

? players online

Personal life stories

• Content Count:  21

To see that you're all serious about this and not trolling..

I have lost a friend 3 days ago. He was one of my best friends when I was around 6-9 years old and we hung out together, played soccer the whole evening with some other guys from the neighbourhood in the summer.. We kinda went our own ways after I moved to another city. His mom was my teacher when I was young actually..

He got into drugs, was a troublemaker as a teenager, got into a lot of bad situations since his parents got divorced. The last 2 years he really tried to get on the good path again and finally paid attention to school..

This friday, he and a friend crossed a bridge and were goofing around at 3 AM.. He fell into the water by unknown reasons and he drowned (alcohol + weed).

I had to start working at 4AM so I must have passed him on my way to work, but I didn't realise.

I have spent the whole weekend thinking about it, I have checked his facebook and I thought about the moment when his mother got the bad news, can't imagine something happening to somebody very close to me.. and yet it happened.

Joost,

Now I wish we would have kept contact. You will be missed.

If anybody wants to see the news report, I will send the link.. (in dutch)

Not your fault man. Noone saw it coming, I can't imagina losing a close friend, to be honest I think it wouldn't hurt me as bad as losing family, but I guess there's an emotional part in everyone that comes out when you lose someone close...

And can you send me the link? Since it's Dutch I'm curious if I might heard of it on the news or in the papers.

Edited by MicroChampion

• Content Count:  1563

If anybody wants to see the news report, I will send the link.. (in dutch)

Link me this too :)

I dont have such an interesting story to tell honestly, the only things I regret have to do something with girls and most of the time, my own fault.

One of the first soirés I ever had with 3 guys and 2 girls, there was this one girl who was really into me. I remember we were playing a drinking game, we were pretty loaded and stoned. With dices (the first dice has words like: kiss, touch, stroke, .. ; the other one has bodyparts on them) and with a bottle to point out with who you'll do this. Well, she kept turning the bottle until it hitted me. I was basically paralysed, I watched her kiss me, a few moments later, she went downstairs, I followed her and we talked. When we got to the couch, she asked me what I wanted to do. From this moment I can't remember what I said nor anything else. But another friend also came down with this other girl and they just started to sleep on the other couch. (He was just overhearing our talk) What I didnt know is that this other guy had a crush on her and kept to twit me about not doing anything. He told me I said "I want to go to sleep", he couldnt resist telling this story to everyone how I didn't do anything with this beautiful girl. Everyone in town had to know and this kept going for months.

Also another time my 'friends' told me (actually the same guy )I had to prove something(I was naïve, seventeen years old), because I was no drinker, I bought a bottle of Smirnoff vodka and I drunk half of it in around 10 minutes. An hour later, they had to carry me to his home; where they pranked me and did all bunch of stuff to me, photographed it and putted it on facebook. Those photos followed me for months, that was a complete nightmare. It completly changed me afterwards, I cant easily trust people anymore and at parties I'm the most serious guy and having a hard time to amuse myself. I think it helped to shape my personality, even now 4 years later, I have a hard time making new friends.

This was not the only thing that hapenned, but one guy kept going and exaggerating, teasing me so..

I told my 'friends' I never wanted to see that one guy again, or I would disband the little friendship we had, I had little to lose anyway. I was suprised that worked, from then on, I hardly ever saw that guy again when I went to the bar.

I'm still largely in the same group of friends at this time, we're heavy drinkers tho and some use hard drugs.

I actually want to meet new people and I want to get on with life, but I got no clue how. The only 'pastime' I have is 3D and level design, but this doesn't statisfy me anymore. I also failed my studies recently and I want to do something else, away from computers but the only thing I know I'm good at is computers.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  802

Link me this too :)

I dont have such an interesting story to tell honestly, the only things I regret have to do something with girls and most of the time, my own fault.

One of the first soirés I ever had with 3 guys and 2 girls, there was this one girl who was really into me. I remember we were playing a drinking game, we were pretty loaded and stoned. With dices (the first dice has words like: kiss, touch, stroke, .. ; the other one has bodyparts on them) and with a bottle to point out with who you'll do this. Well, she kept turning the bottle until it hitted me. I was basically paralysed, I watched her kiss me, a few moments later, she went downstairs, I followed her and we talked. When we got to the couch, she asked me what I wanted to do. From this moment I can't remember what I said nor anything else. But another friend also came down with this other girl and they just started to sleep on the other couch. (He was just overhearing our talk) What I didnt know is that this other guy had a crush on her and kept to twit me about not doing anything. He told me I said "I want to go to sleep", he couldnt resist telling this story to everyone how I didn't do anything with this beautiful girl. Everyone in town had to know and this kept going for months.

Also another time my 'friends' told me (actually the same guy )I had to prove something(I was naïve, seventeen years old), because I was no drinker, I bought a bottle of Smirnoff vodka and I drunk half of it in around 10 minutes. An hour later, they had to carry me to his home; where they pranked me and did all bunch of stuff to me, photographed it and putted it on facebook. Those photos followed me for months, that was a complete nightmare. It completly changed me afterwards, I cant easily trust people anymore and at parties I'm the most serious guy and having a hard time to amuse myself. I think it helped to shape my personality, even now 4 years later, I have a hard time making new friends.

This was not the only thing that hapenned, but one guy kept going and exaggerating, teasing me so..

I told my 'friends' I never wanted to see that one guy again, or I would disband the little friendship we had, I had little to lose anyway. I was suprised that worked, from then on, I hardly ever saw that guy again when I went to the bar.

I'm still largely in the same group of friends at this time, we're heavy drinkers tho and some use hard drugs.

I actually want to meet new people and I want to get on with life, but I got no clue how. The only 'pastime' I have is 3D and level design, but this doesn't statisfy me anymore. I also failed my studies recently and I want to do something else, away from computers but the only thing I know I'm good at is computers.

Those friends you had/have are pretty much jerks(due respect), one thing is pranking someone for yourself, just to lough for a bit, but they took it too far and the girl part, well, I say you did the right thing, like if you put yourself on his position, seeing you talk to that one girl must be hard to watch(full of jelousness or even get to hate) and you respecting him and not doing nothing when having the chance to is something I say a good friend would do for another, even if at the end the whole neighborhood knew.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4960

It was the funeral today.. Came home late from work, went to the church.. Stood there and waited until the coffin was carried outside..

In full honesty, I went home and opened my door, closed it.. And I started crying..

I realise that he's dead now.

First funeral I attended actually, but I don't think the pain will be less next time..

• Like 1

• Content Count:  802

It was the funeral today.. Came home late from work, went to the church.. Stood there and waited until the coffin was carried outside..

In full honesty, I went home and opened my door, closed it.. And I started crying..

I realise that he's dead now.

First funeral I attended actually, but I don't think the pain will be less next time..

I know how it feels, lost a friend a few month ago, was like a brother to me, knew him since I was 7ys old ,when I got the news I was in shock. I still sometimes think about him, and still can't believe that hes dead... sometimes life just hit you hard, but it's part of living, people who you love/care for just leave and you will just have to deal with it. :(

• Content Count:  4960

I know how it feels, lost a friend a few month ago, was like a brother to me, knew him since I was 7ys old ,when I got the news I was in shock. I still sometimes think about him, and still can't believe that hes dead... sometimes life just hit you hard, but it's part of living, people who you love/care for just leave and you will just have to deal with it. :(

Not to come over as a maniac.. But i'm going to the graveyard tomorrow I think.. I want to see his grave.

I want to let him know that I was there.. I didn't miss his goodbye-party, because that was who he was.. Doing before thinking, but it's a shame :(

Reply to Thread