? servers

? players online

Who is this artist??

• Content Count:  498

There's a medieval artist out there who had an obsession with death or something so in all of his paintings, a character portrayed was being stabbed or had an arrow through their body but they always acted like nothing was even wrong with them. I can't remember the name of the artist for my life, but I swear he exists. I'm pretty sure I saw him in the prado museum in Spain, too. I think this is one of his paintings, or part of it, but I may be wrong. Every time I do a reverse image search or whatever I always get "Medieval Reactions" posts from tumblr or some bs.

• Content Count:  1639

This does well to exemplify prominent Medieval or Early Renaissance artists that might have created the piece(s). I'd see this particular work as being early Renaissance, although it doesn't apply elements of chiaroscuro by keeping to the 2 dimensional plane, it neither seems to keep to the Middle Ages standard of artwork being largely religious based, or outlayed with golden reams within it. Seeing as it focuses on humans rather than having a base on religious figures or texts, I'd see it as an early Renaissance conception of Humanism or possibly Medieval Scholasticism portrayed in art form. I'm sorry that I couldn't name the specific artist, but I do hope this helps narrow down your search.

• Content Count:  498

This does well to exemplify prominent Medieval or Early Renaissance artists that might have created the piece(s). I'd see this particular work as being early Renaissance, although it doesn't apply elements of chiaroscuro by keeping to the 2 dimensional plane, it neither seems to keep to the Middle Ages standard of artwork being largely religious based, or outlayed with golden reams within it. Seeing as it focuses on humans rather than having a base on religious figures or texts, I'd see it as an early Renaissance conception of Humanism or possibly Medieval Scholasticism portrayed in art form. I'm sorry that I couldn't name the specific artist, but I do hope this helps narrow down your search.

That actually helps a good bit, cause at least now I know what time period/style to look into. I was shuffling through the prado's online exhibits the other day but there's just too much to go through so I gave up. Thanks for the info, though, I'll keep hunting with that in mind.

• Content Count:  1639

That actually helps a good bit, cause at least now I know what time period/style to look into. I was shuffling through the prado's online exhibits the other day but there's just too much to go through so I gave up. Thanks for the info, though, I'll keep hunting with that in mind.

No problem, dude. Glad I could help a bit, good luck! :encouragement:

Reply to Thread