? servers

? players online

My Observation

• Content Count:  4354

I think people have lost sight of the point of the game which is to have fun.

Seriously, I have slapped/kicked/blocked/burned/slayed/tked other admins on other servers and we all just have a good laugh and have fun with it.

Why cant that happen on this server?

I know that if I went into this server with raven, haggard, pally, venomous, and many others and I shot him in the head for looking at me funny, he would only laugh and knife me in the ass next round, he wouldnt slay me like some admins have been doing

Have you played on this server? If not then join it and then let me know your thoughts:)

• Content Count:  6741

one things for certain here, you need an admin on there 24-7 purely to keep everything in order.

new comers to the server dont have a clue what to do, i suggest help instructions on the homepage as soon as a server loads up.

• Content Count:  6741

well think about it, new gamers are gonna want to game not read a long parapragh about how to play, its like an instruction manual and who reads those?!

if its on screen already and theres the possibility of a 20 second wait time to read the rules before they can start playing?

i dont know if thats do-able though

• Content Count:  316

i think we need a vote

1.Vote for Little Bit More Rules

2.No Rules,just Keep the same rules

3.vote on a rule for other players to stop bitching

4.haggard will need because a.all the bitching and b.because admins are attacking other admins with there admin power

and i know u guys dont wanna choose 4th one

i know everyone is gonna vote for the 3rd one

but really guys stop bitchin and start playing and stop admin abusing and start listing to rules

and yes be specifc about rules(no offence haggard)

because everyone is gonna think to kill the guy if he runs away

and its true wat spikedrocker says,shoot them when there in the vents,thats a runaway/escape route

i only saw that once btw lol XD

the other times i played i havnt seen that happen lately

• Content Count:  8

I think a better map would solve alot.

have guards on platforms that T cant reach to knife unless they escape or unlock doors,etc.

Have cell doors on a timer.

Have a map with red/blue zones and where its blue a t can go no matter what.

red is dead.

example cells basket ball pool locker would be blue zones.

crows nest gun room platforms red.

stuff to do like have race cars toys obstacle course to race t's or die.

like portal do the course or die with hidden escape points (over all map)

skins that don't show pistols cause im sure that prisons let you keep the holder things.

a mod that makes a t red once they shoot a gun or attack.

i see so much in this server.

• Content Count:  129

As mature as people need to be for this, it is almost impossible. Sup told me to get off the railing, why i dont know the jail area seems like a free place to be aslong as you dont go past certain areas, if it werent free we would be shot in the face if we went out of our cells. In the end of the story he shot me in the face. I died, Was auto-muted, and had to wait atleast 6 mins to play again, that is the biggest problem in my oppinion, its human nature to be impatient. If you see 23 other people having fun and planing stuff YOU could have done. It gets you 'antsy' and youll wanna play more and more. Sure a few rounds of waiting is fine but if your on the server for an hour, getting blasted in the face for standing still becomes a big issue. And now with no admins to ban. RAGEMCAGEM looked in every cell FOR ME and shot me in the face for no reason, all because i told him "if you shoot me again i swear to god...". He killed me five times in a row (thats 30 mins of my life watching other people playing rounds that i should be playing) before people told him not to. And with no admin to ban or tell not to do it was starting to piss me off. I'm sure thats why some people rage/slay for a kill in good fun.

Basicaly we need

Trusted admins with powers

No auto-mute (for ghosting if admins had powers they could mute)

Less round time (less anger)

Forced 'open cell doors' after a specific time limit (4:00?)

VERY SPECIFIC rules for almost every situation

MAYBE have a button for the motd. I remember on one server you had to click "I ACCEPT THESE TERMS OF AGREEMENT" before it would let you out of the motd. I think every time someone hit "OK" it would do the (for lack of a better term) "admin force chat" wich made the person type motd thru the console.

Anyway thats my two-cents.

AND YES. FEAR THE WALL OF TEXT!

Edited by Gray1

• Content Count:  6242

Basicaly we need

Trusted admins with powers

No auto-mute (for ghosting if admins had powers they could mute)

Less round time (less anger)

Forced 'open cell doors' after a specific time limit (4:00?)

VERY SPECIFIC rules for almost every situation

MAYBE have a button for the motd. I remember on one server you had to click "I ACCEPT THESE TERMS OF AGREEMENT" before it would let you out of the motd. I think every time someone hit "OK" it would do the (for lack of a better term) "admin force chat" wich made the person type motd thru the console.

I agree with most of this. Muting can't be done in that sever. If you can't communicate, its impossible to play the game right. I think round time is ok, gives plenty of time for a T to sneak out by himself and flank the CT's, I did that most of the time. Forcing the doors open is ok, we'd just have to fix the maps to do so. I think they are working on specific rules for the server, but theres so many senarios it might take a bit. Best bet is if a CT tells you to do something, outside from killing yourself or doing something that will get you killed, you just have to do it or risk being shot. Thats how I've always seen it played.

• Content Count:  1078

Heres my suggestions, borrowing a few ideas from a Hostie server i usually play on:

First please note that, no matter what you do you have to have layed back fun-loving players on this server, otherwise it won't work, period. If you have just 1 CT that holds a grudge against a certain player for knifing him 3 rounds ago this server won't work at all.

I suggest that you add strict rules, and give power to the players.

1.) Amp up the command rules~

-Any CT can give any T a reasonable command(I.E move here, go there, don't come near me, drop the gun, etc)

-A CT can shoot any T that does not follow the reasonable command

-A CT cannot give any T an unreasonable command(I.E type kill in console). If a CT insists that you must follow through with the unreasonable command, you have permission to kill him/her without it counting as rebellion.

-If a CT accidently kills an innocent T in the crossfire, it would be common courtesy(Or in this case a rule) that the CT kill themselve that round or the next.

-Use the 'simon says' feature. First one to type in Simon Says gets Simon.

-Simon MUST have a mic to use this feature

-Simon can give any reasonable command to the Ts and they must follow(Assuming simon said Simon Says at the beginning)

-If simon does not add the Simon Says to the command the T that does that command can be shot.

-The end result of this would hopefully be a CT delivering a set of commands with simon says such as "Jump, crouch, do a 180/360 jump spin, face the wall, etc" and then eventually say something like "Stop" without the simon says, at which point a few Ts would stop, and be shot.

-Eventually when the Ts start droppin' and it gets down to 2-4, you can say something like "Simon Says Crouch War" where the Ts would have to try and crouch jump onto each others heads, the ones who succeed in this live, the ones who get jumped on die.

-Use the Last Request feature

-The last T alive(Assuming they haven't rebelled) can demand a last request

-The T can demand any of these as a last request(Or LR):

Crouch War(As explained before, one who fails has to die)

Jump Shot(A CT takes a position below a ramp/anything you can jump off of, and the T receives a deagle. The T must jump off and fire 1 shot at the CT as they fly through the air. Then, roles switch and the CT will fire 1 shot. Repeat till one of them dies)

Gun Toss(You and the CT takes a position atop a jumpable building, ramp, cage, etc and you must jump off of it and throw your gun into the air. One who throws their gun farthest wins, other dies.)

Take Your Chances(T receives the guns of their choice and the T goes to CT spawn and CTs go to where the T requests, after 20 seconds or when the T is ready the sides have permission to come out and open fire)

Shot By Shot(T and CT of their choice stand accross from each other, and take turns firing 1 shot till the other is dead.)

2.) Give Power To The Players~

-As requested by Gray, the Auto-Mute feature has to go, communication is a MUST on this type of server.

-Add votekick and votemute(I believe voteban is already enabled?)

-Only allow trusted Admin to use ban, and limit the other admins on the server to few kicks a day.

Well, thats what i think about the situation, going from past experience from other Hostie servers. I may be a newb to this forum, but Zombie Murder has been my main server to play on for well over a year now(Literally, for like 5-6 months i only used ZM Escape servers ;P) and i hate to see it crumble under the misunderstanding of a new server.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.