? servers

? players online

MMORPG's

• Content Count:  288

Yea, so whats everyones favorite MMORPG?

My first was Everquest: Online Adventures for the PS2 around early 2003. I loved it, I miss playing it but I had to stop cause I moved.

My second was Diablo 2 if you count that as an MMORPG. Than Everquest 2, than Star Wars Galaxies. I loved all of them, too bad they seem dated now.

Next was City Of Villians, it sucked so I quit early. I think next was World Of Warcraft, I loved it played for awhile but eventually got bored so I quit.

I was than keeping an eye on Vanguard:Saga of heroes. I had a clan and everything till the specs were announced, and me and a few dozen members left cause it was all Next-Gen specs and hardly anyone has the requirements. It was a big let down.

Eventually I tried Counter Strike: Source again and loved it. I recently bought Diablo 2 again and I love it too. I'm getting a ton of memorys from playing these again! I love it!

Well, obviously I kinda strayed from the original topic but, my favorite MMORPG of all time has to be Everquest Online Adventures, only because it was my first. Its like a first kiss, once it happens, every one after it is never as good as the first, or something like that :d

• Content Count:  3

I played FFXI for about 2 weeks, got to level 14 or 15 I believe and quit. Too much of a group-based grindfest.

I also played WoW for a steady 2 years. I played from release till about December '06 daily. It is my favorite game ever but my guild broke up and reformed when BC came out. I didn't feel like leveling 1-60 again and then to 70.

I played Vanguard during beta and for about a month. Again, too much of a grindfest and you mostly had to group for everything (depending on class).

I also played Planetside and World War II Online. Planetside I only played for about a month but it seems I always go back to it for a week here and there. It has such great ideas, they were just not implemented right. Same with WWII Online although I played this game for about a year on and off. For a few months I played every day with this squad (clan) I joined. They were such great guys and veterans to the game ( I started playing about 2 years after release). They made the game so much fun and thats what makes MMO's so good, the community and people you play with. I hope they make an updated version of WWII Online updating mostly the graphics so it can pick up more subscribers. It is easily one of my favorite games because of the ideas it has. The gameplay is also showing its age (came out in 01) so I wouldn't mind an upgrade there too. It seems since these two games were released there hasn't been any newer MMOFPS games coming out until Huxley and some other futuristic one. I really hope developers go back and see how good a newer MMOFPS based on WWII can be.

Henda, don't make fun of WoW because you are legally retarded. :p

• Content Count:  78

Lol, CSS isn't a mmorpg.. It's a Online FPS.

I've played Ragnarok Online for about 2 years or longer.. Had a Hunter 70ish, monk 69, alchemist 60ish, assassin 59 and a ninja 40ish.. Mostly the only mmorpg addicting to me.. I tried FFXI since my best friend is addicted to it, played for about 2 weeks and quit.. Was like level 15 or something.

Tried the demo for WoW, only reached level 2 before I felt the powers of addiction slithering its way into me again.. Dropped it and haven't touched it since. I've also played a MMORPG called Tibia, which is a horrible game.. yet so addicting. (it's strange, I know.)

I guess RO was my favorite.

• Content Count:  5086

I've played Ragnarok Online for about 2 years or longer.. Had a Hunter 70ish, monk 69, alchemist 60ish, assassin 59 and a ninja 40ish.. Mostly the only mmorpg addicting to me.. I tried FFXI since my best friend is addicted to it, played for about 2 weeks and quit.. Was like level 15 or something.

! I played Ragnarok too, for around 3-4 years. but I quit after being hacked and tons of drama. [Yay for big + top WoE guilds]. I got my priestess to 98 just beforer trans came out and then slaved 90% of the 99's in my guild to 2nd class trans and quit..

Played Everquest a bit but I didn't really get into it that much.

Now I just play CS. :d

• Content Count:  1554

I played Ragnarok Online too, but I only played in Private Servers. High Rates was fun and addicting but eventually, it gets boring and I quit.

I've been playing RuneScape for 5 years now (on and off) and it's been the best MMORPG I've ever played. The game updates almost every month, almost like Everquest but it loads in Java, making it fast to download and playable anywhere. The questing is great in this game. $5.00 a month will get you 10x the extra features.

The game that I'm playing now is Eudemons Online. Sort of like Pokemon, where you raise creatures that can find with you, but also an aspect of Ragnarok Online where you reborn the creatures to improve their growth rates, making them stronger.

It has a really fun aspect but the world is too small and the game doesn't focus too much on questing. Just a kill fest game.

If I could find a new MMORPG, I'd give it a try. I haven't found one where I can get a kick back for playing so long.

• Content Count:  288

I agree, mNote.

I am still searching for that killer MMORPG. EQOA, EQ2, SWG, WoW were all good back when they came out. Its been almost...2 years? without a killer MMORPG. I had my hopes up for Vanguard, I was even in a community before its release, but when the system specs were announced, a few dozen people decided to leave and ultimately the game flopped.

Come on, "Sony Online Entertainment", you can make another great game. What about an Everquest 3?!

• Content Count:  1554

Lol I want to play a game and get paid for it. That'd be awesome.

Unfortunately, that game is called business, and I'm a very bad player at it.

• Content Count:  2051

I quit playing on Napalm for a while since Granado Espada (Creators of Ragnarok) came out. I've been playing it non-stop. It's the first mmorpg that lets you control up to 3 characters at once, including some NPCs that you can add to your 36 possible character slots.

I've also played Ragnarok, Sakray server, had a level 81 Priest, 97 Blacksmith and level 82 Sin, level 65 Full Support Soul Linker (favorite class) and the fifth slot was always deleted and remaking and etc. I also tried FFXI and quit in about a few weeks, was level 18.

Reply to Thread