? servers

? players online

Would you ride this amusement park ride from hell?

• Content Count:  1236

Probably hardly any, you experience g-force from centrifugal force, and the thing they were sat on was free to spin, if it was constantly in the same position they would experience a lot.

Is centrifugal force not the act of spinning forces? or am i compleatly in left feild on this one?

• Content Count:  240

A centrifuge is the machine that prepares astronauts for space. The cabin you are in doesn't move independantly, and it is stuck in the same position against the iron bars. So your body is trying to move outward.

The thing the people are sat in on that is pivoting on an axle. If the platform was welded or joined onto the arms without it being able to move other than the way the arms were, then it would be centrifugal force.

Think of it like a bike wheel, with those clickerdy-clackers (technical word, mmkay?), you roll it down a hill. By the time it gets to the bottom it will be going so fast that the clickerdy-clackers will be at the farthest point from the centre of force. If you attached two wheels together at the spokes and rolled that down a hill, and the spokes were on their own axis and could spin independantly, the clickerdy-clackers wouldn't move that much.

You're making it unnecessarily complicated. Hank won't understand jack :p. Just imagine yourself sittin' in one of 'em seats in a carousel. The faster its (the carousel's) axis/center rotates, the farther you get pushed outward.

contempt

• Content Count:  1236

You're making it unnecessarily complicated. Hank won't understand jack :p. Just imagine yourself sittin' in one of 'em seats in a carousel. The faster its (the carousel's) axis/center rotates, the farther you get pushed outward.

contempt

DURP!!im not THAT dumb conty :p and i do know what centrafugal force is... i just wasnt sure if THAT was an example... DURP!!

• Content Count:  240

The seats don't need to be 'fixed.' Usually, they're chained to the axis of the carousel, and when the axis rotates fast enough, the chains will be in a straight line unless the passenger moves a lot in the seat.

As for the amusement park ride from hell, I'm not sure if I'd wanna ride it. It's a little too crazy for my linking. :p

contempt

Reply to Thread