? servers

? players online

Graphics Card your running on?

• Content Count:  62

Just a simple thread to see what people are using now adays. Have you moved too Vista and are using DX10? or are you staying back with XP and using DX9?

Me personally I`m trying to keep with XP as long as I can but i think i might move to Vista soon. Even though it requires atleast 2gb of ram i really want to play DX10 games for the amazing graphics.

Right now I`m running on a XP with a Nvidia Geforce 7600. What about you guys?

• Content Count:  71

I'm currently using an GeForce FX 5700(Really outdated -.-) but I just got my new (2)Geforce 8600GT XXX SLI in the mail. I'm just waiting for my new motherboard to arrive so I can install everything :)

As for the Xp vs Vista.... I'm going to stay with Xp for now, as Vista still has many problems I do not want to deal with. If you plan to continue playing CSS, you should stick to Xp, Vista makes it extremely laggy for some reason rendering it hardly playable.

• Content Count:  1230

Ah ok. Lol thats a pretty nice GC. How much did it cost?

I purchased it during a crazy sale back in April for $400. 8800GTS cards go for that price and even less these days, but back then they sold for a minimum of $450 and on top of that it comes overclocked from the factory to 8800GTX standards.

• Content Count:  2645

Operating System: Windows XP Professional

Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1022MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640mb

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8800 GTS

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Erm... yea, as you know it supports dx10, not much use to me, as I don't have any dx10 games yet...

• Content Count:  198

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Basic (cheapest :rolleyes:)

Processor: AMD 64 Athlon X2 5600+

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT XXX (256MB ; 620 Core Clock)

Manufacturer: NVIDIA/XFX

Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

It wasn't my idea to get Vista. After a month of trial and error, I came to the conclusion my hardware/drivers weren't working with XP, and in order to fix the issue, I had to install Vista drivers, but naturally I'd need Vista to install Vista drivers. Trust me, I hate Vista just as much as the next guy, but I'm slowly getting use to it. Still annoying, though. lol

So yeah, she's running just fine. The worst frames I've gotten in CS:S have been around 30, but that's granted for any ZombieMod server. I plan to sell off this card and get an 8800 model by chipping in for the holidays, and by then the cards might be a bit cheaper, too.

Reply to Thread