? servers

? players online

Windows Vista 64

• Content Count:  1230

Even if your modem doesn't have 64 bit support you should be able to use it. You have to install it in your x86 Program Files folder and it should run as a system32 file. If that doesn't work you might have to manually assign the system32 dll certificate. It may be a pain at first, but once you get it going I'll think you'll like Vista.

When it ask you where you want the program or drivers installed it's usually default at "c:/>Program Files" if thats the case click browse and select "c:/>Program Files (x86)". I don't know if I'm explaining it well enough, I'm not sure how much you know.

Sorry for not responding sooner. Try using the driver in the link and istalling it to your Program Files (x86).

Link

I thought you were talking about an internal modem. This one shouldn't be hard to fix. If anything let Vista find it. It's pretty good about fixing itself.

lol vista

What's that supposed to mean? This has nothing to do with Vista. This is a 64bit vs 32bit operating system issue. Those of us who choose to run 64bit sacrifice some compatibility for the ability to run more than 3GB of RAM and render graphics faster. Lucky for us Vista let's us run both 32 & 64 bit at once, it just takes a little work.

Edited by Zero001

Reply to Thread