? servers

? players online

Xbox Problem

• Content Count:  1671

yea i got the 3 lights of death,was passing protype needed to pass 2 more mission and i get to the end of the game,im really pist that shit cist alot just so it can get ruined in a year

same thing happend to my friend,hes about to get his third xbox

• Content Count:  530

This seems like your own fault, after knowing it was your hardrive, I would've gotten another hardrive, transferred the data from one hard drive to another, whethere it was via MemoryCard or Transfer Cable. Going to Bestbuy is like going to a homeless person for money. Best Buy is not there to HELP YOU, they are there to help themselves by taking as much money as they can from you. So no, not Xbox, more like planning ahead.

Its not my fault... I couldnt transfer the data because the HARDDRIVE WAS CORRUPTED!

• Content Count:  1082

Its not my fault... I couldnt transfer the data because the HARDDRIVE WAS CORRUPTED!

So... wouldnt this be a hard drive error then... not an Xbox one? Shouldn't you be pissed off at the Hard drive and not the console?

• Content Count:  4473

So... wouldnt this be a hard drive error then... not an Xbox one? Shouldn't you be pissed off at the Hard drive and not the console?

He could have fixed the hard drive earlier by deleting the corrupted sections or just even formatted it completely on the console before he returned it but he didn't know what to do. His rant was rather amusing though.

He could have fixed the hard drive earlier by deleting the corrupted sections or just even formatted it completely on the console before he returned it but he didn't know what to do. His rant was rather amusing though.

..... Im glad you enjoyed it.. i guess... But i still Got my DLC back i redownloaded it :) and i didnt lose any of my ranks in cod or anything SO HA!

• Content Count:  4473

..... Im glad you enjoyed it.. i guess... But i still Got my DLC back i redownloaded it :) and i didnt lose any of my ranks in cod or anything SO HA!

Because it is assigned to your Xbox Live account which can be transferred between hard drives. You were only worried about your downloads and rank/account standings? lol, why the fuss?

• Content Count:  604

You simply turn on your Xbox, Make sure you transfer 1 file at a time to the new Hard Drive, and you will find a corrupted file depending on when you start to get the red ring, therefor you delete that file and move on to your new hard drive, I do not know however if Xbox will actually show corrupted memory, my friend has had his Xbox for 3 years and is still in good condition, He has only had to send in his Xbox once, and it came back good as new. He has yet to have any hard drive problems, I do believe YOU did not take care of your hardrive by either:

A.) Keeping your Xbox on too long that it started to overheat, and cause minor to major problems to the Hard Drive.

B.) Downloading untrusted material. (dunno how but you might)

C.) Kept too many objects near your hard drive that the heat emitting from under or behind the xbox could not escape and affected your hard drive.

D.) You took the Hard Drive out wrong.

E.) If and When the Hard Drive was not attached to the console something was tampered with, whether accidental, or on purpose. Maybe you spilled a drink and it got too close to the Device. Or something got inside the slot where you insert the hardrive.

F.) You bought a hacked hard drive that is capable to hold more space than normal and bought from a private seller, like a modded controller, but instead a modded hard drive, why someone would waste money on this I don't know.

In order to keep from any of the above to alter your Hard Drive's Performance, make sure that you:

1. Do not use your Xbox Console as a tray to put food on or Drinks.

2. Try not to place objects around or on the heat emitters found on the bottom, top, back of the Xbox.

3. Stick to Microsoft's Approved hard drives.

4. When taking out your hard drive read the manual and not go by instinct.

5. When putting items on your drive, use files downloaded from the marketplace or files from games, such as saves or add-ons.

6. Don't keep your hard drive out of it's console for long, if you do, try and put a cover over the slot where the two connect, for both the device and the console. This should keep unwanted enteties such as small bugs, dust, fur etc. to enter the sensitive areas of the devices.

Stick to these and your hard drive should be good for a LONG time.

• Like 1

You simply turn on your Xbox, Make sure you transfer 1 file at a time to the new Hard Drive, and you will find a corrupted file depending on when you start to get the red ring, therefor you delete that file and move on to your new hard drive, I do not know however if Xbox will actually show corrupted memory, my friend has had his Xbox for 3 years and is still in good condition, He has only had to send in his Xbox once, and it came back good as new. He has yet to have any hard drive problems, I do believe YOU did not take care of your hardrive by either:

A.) Keeping your Xbox on too long that it started to overheat, and cause minor to major problems to the Hard Drive.

B.) Downloading untrusted material. (dunno how but you might)

C.) Kept too many objects near your hard drive that the heat emitting from under or behind the xbox could not escape and affected your hard drive.

D.) You took the Hard Drive out wrong.

E.) If and When the Hard Drive was not attached to the console something was tampered with, whether accidental, or on purpose. Maybe you spilled a drink and it got too close to the Device. Or something got inside the slot where you insert the hardrive.

F.) You bought a hacked hard drive that is capable to hold more space than normal and bought from a private seller, like a modded controller, but instead a modded hard drive, why someone would waste money on this I don't know.

In order to keep from any of the above to alter your Hard Drive's Performance, make sure that you:

1. Do not use your Xbox Console as a tray to put food on or Drinks.

2. Try not to place objects around or on the heat emitters found on the bottom, top, back of the Xbox.

3. Stick to Microsoft's Approved hard drives.

4. When taking out your hard drive read the manual and not go by instinct.

5. When putting items on your drive, use files downloaded from the marketplace or files from games, such as saves or add-ons.

6. Don't keep your hard drive out of it's console for long, if you do, try and put a cover over the slot where the two connect, for both the device and the console. This should keep unwanted enteties such as small bugs, dust, fur etc. to enter the sensitive areas of the devices.

Stick to these and your hard drive should be good for a LONG time.

I didnt do it. Bestbuy did it thats where i went wrong. Also Italian i was and still am worried about my game saves that i have been working on for close to two years now.

Reply to Thread