? servers

? players online

pakistani leader assasinated

• Content Count:  1384

Islam itself denies people basic human rights, especially with women, how can it be expected that we just all get along with them and how could it possibly be anyone’s fault but the fact that they are two distinct cultures that have trouble getting along due to different values and beliefs? I see no validity in the fact that the problem is any part due to our actions of aiding Israel or buying oil.

In regards to the US aiding Israel -- The Palestinian people and the Israelis have been fighting damn near forever. Whether it be over land, religion or most commonly both, it's always something. Most Muslims sympathize with the Palestinians, and support their claim to the land. I think it was in 1948 when Israel become it's own entity, and many subsequent wars were fought. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about Israel and I think they're cool cats, but when the US helps them with things, the opposition views us as 'the devil' too. Guilty by association, one could say. Shitty yes, but it happens.

I don't see how you can say that oil plays no role in the problem we're having today. Before oil became huge, the people in the middle east had no money or power. Once they got that oil they became wealthier and more powerful. I'm not saying that the money we pay for oil goes directly to aiding terrorism, but indirectly it does. If the bad guys have no contributions from their buddies with money, they cannot fund or plan out attacks.

If the people were "educated" so to speak on what's right and wrong (granted you could say they do think some things right that we know are wrong...but hopefully you get my point), then it would help out a ton.

I do think you brought up valid points though, Bronc. Well written post.

If only everyone could just be chill together...maybe play some video games. I dunno.

• Content Count:  1938

Well concerning the religious aspect of Islam I should speak up. I myself follow Islam and actually read the Qur'an. And if you read the book, everything that these extremists are doing is against Islam. I'm sure that just like the Christian religion, very few people read their holy book, and their clergy men put their own interpretation on the people.

Read the book and learn. It doesn't say kill the infidel or dehumify women and jews. It just gets twisted like the catholic priests did back during the Middle Ages.

And technically western culture doesn't fit with Islam, AND proper Judaism and Christianity. If you actually read your scriptures you will learn that lots of the western thinking is wrong. But that doesn't mean how the east handles their own stuff is right as well.

• Content Count:  1384

Well concerning the religious aspect of Islam I should speak up. I myself follow Islam and actually read the Qur'an. And if you read the book, everything that these extremists are doing is against Islam. I'm sure that just like the Christian religion, very few people read their holy book, and their clergy men put their own interpretation on the people.

Read the book and learn. It doesn't say kill the infidel or dehumify women and jews. It just gets twisted like the catholic priests did back during the Middle Ages.

And technically western culture doesn't fit with Islam, AND proper Judaism and Christianity. If you actually read your scriptures you will learn that lots of the western thinking is wrong. But that doesn't mean how the east handles their own stuff is right as well.

I hear that Slavic.

In regards to the Christian bible (and the Jewish for that matter), there is tons of stuff about barbaric things like stoning people, etc. That doesn't mean you should do it, its was different times back then, and things have changed. People know that's not a cool thing to do these days.

Reply to Thread