? servers

? players online

Chobbers Music Recommendations Programme

• Content Count:  2186

Hey guys.. I'll try and keep this going with regularly posting about new (or old) bands that I discover and I think are worth taking a listening to.. I know the taste in music is pretty different all over SG, but I hope that just a couple of you guys can use this to find new and awesome music..

In each artist presentation I will cover my background of finding them, find 3 songs on youtube for you to get a sneak-peak of them, cover the bands background and finally give you a couple of stuff to find if you want to hear more of them.

FYI my favourite music genres are amongs rock, grunge, post-grunge, alternative, indie, hard rock - and sometimes electronic and metal.. Those mostly incorporated into rock..

That can guide you into deciding whether you'll follow this thread in the future :)

I would be please if you would give me a comment or two on my concept or just about the music.. Lets make this into a debate whether you like the music or not - will help me keep wood on the fire to keep posting!! And please respect this is my thread, I got some ideas on how to and what bands to post next, thanks..

Artist #1

Background:

As to kick this off, I would like to introduce a completely new band to me.. I heard them "accidently" while jamming through the radiostations and caught a little bit of a song - I googled and found the name and got the music (legally, of course, guys!!)..

The band:

The band is called The Cooper Temple Clause and was formed in 1998, Berkshire, England. It was a 6 piece band that quickly released their first studio album, See This Through And Leave (2002) and after that realeased 2 more albums; 1 in 2003 (Kick Up The Fire, And Let The Flames Break Loose) and one more after the departure of bassist Didz Hammond in 2007 (Make This Your Own).

The band split 3 months later in april, 2007.

After the split:

The only two continuing in bands was drummer Jon Harper who joined the brazillian band CSS (whom we might cover later on!) og Didz Hammond who left the band 2 years before and joined the band Dirty Pretty Things.

Music:

From the bands second studio album, Kick Up The Fire, And Let The Flames Break Loose, I would like to present a song called Promises, Promises for you all!

RA0AYcmzEas

Secondly an awesome song from their first album, See This Through And Leave - The Murder Song.

OPhbMALkpOw

And in the end, The Waiting Game, which is a little more popped than the 2 others.. This is from their last album Make This Your Own, 2007.

MMAwoCznahI

Future listening:

If those 3 songs says something to you, I would suggest go getting a hold of Kick Up The Fire, And Let The Flames Break Loose-album which is my favourite so far.. If you really like them, go get the 2 other albums as well - though, imho - Kick Up The Fire, And Let The Flames Break Loose is the best album from them, See This Through And Leave comming on a second place and their last studio album Make This Your Own is, still good, but not the best or the second best..

Thank you for reading my first recommendation - hope to see you back next week! Or sooner, maybe!!

Reply to Thread