? servers

? players online

Sound Overload

• Content Count:  167

Alright, I have a tech question I hope somebody can help me with a bit. In game when a bunch of people start talking I'll occasionally get kicked by a buffer overload. I'm assuming something is putting to much stress on my soundcard and making stuff the game.

Anyway, what would be the best way to avoid this problem? Are there any setting adjustments that help? A new soundcard maybe? I have an Soundblaster Audigy SE, not a great card, but I thought it should have been enough to take stress off of the CPU and avoid problems like this.

Oh well. Sorry to sound needy, but I'm no good with audio stuff and was hoping somebody else might have a suggestion.

• Content Count:  167

Yeah, I actually get kicked from the servers and get a message that says something along the lines of Audio Buffer Overload. I have a screenshot of it somewhere.

I'll post my specs later when I'm at home, but I have a pretty solid machine, its not like I'm running on the bare minimum.

And I know I could easily disable sound, but talking to people and being able to communicate is half of what helps your team be successful and makes the game that much more fun, so hopefully that would be a last resort.

Reply to Thread