? servers

? players online

Only I can see my spray

• Content Count:  464

This just happened recently and I am unable to find anything helpful on google or by asking other's, so I am going to post here.

The title pretty much explains it. I can see my spray but nobody else can. I even switched to a picture I know used to work and reconnected and still nothing.

I tried changing cl_download and cl_upload and nothing.

I think I read somewhere that I have to delete my config file, but I forgot how to do that or if that would even help. I think the config file is the one with the binds in it, but I don't even remember.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

• Content Count:  1300

sprays do not work currently, the server upload from clients has been turned off, due to people abusing them to upload admin breaking scripts/hacks.

this is not likely to change until we get better updates and bug fixes for our support programs.

sprays do not work currently, the server upload from clients has been turned off, due to people abusing them to upload admin breaking scripts/hacks.

this is not likely to change until we get better updates and bug fixes for our support programs.

Okay, I didn't know about that, but that isn't the reason. Because the night this started, I could still see everyone elses spray, but only I could see mine, so I don't think that is the problem.

finzz if they already had their spray uploaded when I turned off that setting the server cached the image until it was shutdown. your client also cached their image so it required less bandwidth to handle spray info.

no sprays will work on any SG server except the default ones for now.

• Like 1

Are you saying that if I can see someone's spray and it isnt a default spray, it means that they haven't changed their spray since you turned it off? Because I can see like everyone's spray and I know I'm not the only one who changes sprays every couple days.

EDIT: Also, was it posted anywhere that you did this? If so, can I have the link? Because you should probably post something about it if you didn't because it can cause confusion.

no it wasnt posted, its basically telling anyone who is trying to exploit a security hole in our servers what we fixed and why. if you are seeing other sprays idk what to tell you tbh, they do not have access to upload anything anymore. scripts, sprays, etc all are ignored by the server now.

if you have their spray cached as a client you may still see it, but the server is ignoring it.

pm on what servers you are on and ill take another look, but sprays dont work and wont work until certain issues are fixed within the addons we use. it is a security precaution that the board agrees is more important then having access to sprays for now

Edited by Jager

Ok, well I mainly play on Prison break and regula escape, but I seem to be the only one who's spray people can't see, so I thought it was a problem on my end.

I have almost never seen a server not allot sprays, it this because of the DDOS attacks we have been getting?

I am happy to explain more in a pm, but any public discussion simply aids anyone who is trying to wreck the servers/circumvent the various controls we use to maintain proper game play etc.

if you want to backup then delete your config.cfg or autoexec.cfg in your cstrike folder that may help in non sg servers if you are still having issues there.

all of the dedi's will be shut down for maintenance tonight which will probably fix the cached sprays being seen as well, try using your spray outside of sg servers and tell me if you have the same issue, i can trouble shoot that a lot easier tbh since I am loathe to reverse security settings on a SG server even temporarily for a spray issue.

Reply to Thread