? servers

? players online

Donations to Haiti

• Content Count:  503

Ok, well there might be a section for this but since this is very important and off topic is the most viewed section here i go

We all know what happened to Haiti like a week ago. With that said they need donations. So i was thinking you guys prob dont trust me to send me the donations so i can send it to Haiti. But if you guys can individually send donations that would be great ( i bet some of you already did)

But this is the point of this thread. Lets send the donations under the name of Steamgamers. You never know the media can find out about this and do a story about us. Also if this were to go to news we might become bigger.

most of you are prob like that will never happen and its a waste of time. well your right, the media will never get a hold of what we are doing but at least we are still doing something great.

I know you guys make alot of donations to SG and thats great but i think more people would appreciate if you would send a simply donation of like $5 to Red Cross or some other place.

I myself already sent money and my family sent $200. Also in the summer time i wish to go to Haiti and help rebuild houses ( if you guys would like to go with me i guess we can set something up) i might even go sooner like sometime in spring. But please do ont close this thread or move it because this is something of importance.

Guest barackobama

I actually did this, and put my name and our website, but it's not about exploiting a crisis like this and getting known, it's about helping those poor people.

• Content Count:  3697

I feel bad for them and all, but I see no reason to give money to random organizations that say they will help them. After all, I doubt the people of Haiti would give a shit if we had an earthquake and needed help.

I bet they would give more of a shit than you if "we" were to get hit, they just wouldn't be able to help as much.

• Content Count:  2417

Lets send the donations under the name of Steamgamers. You never know the media can find out about this and do a story about us. Also if this were to go to news we might become bigger.

Usually when you donate, you donate to help the people not for publicity.

I feel bad for them and all, but I see no reason to give money to random organizations that say they will help them. After all, I doubt the people of Haiti would give a shit if we had an earthquake and needed help.

Probably because they have no money to begin with.

i know its not about the publicity but still its a great way to let them know whos there for them.

Why do you think celebrities donate and say how much Tiger Woods donated $3 million, The yankees donated $500,000 the Indy Colts doanted $10,000. When i donated i didnt say my name. But imma donate again.

Also to Bullet Wound this is more personal to me because im Korean. And during the Korean war when villages were blown away Haiti sent $50,000 to Korea to help rebuild building. You might say wow $50,000 but back in the day that was alot of money

yes yes thank you guys soo much.. i have friends who are from haiti and i know they would appreciate it.. if you go to aol.com and look at the pictures you see EVERY NATION THERE TO HELP.. its soo cool. you see Peru, Brazil, America, China, and other countries there helping.. You guys you have to remember this is not a city or a couple cities that was affected a WHOLE NATION was torn apart because of this earthquake imagine your whole state being destroyed in a matter of minutes.. This is not gunna take a month or two to fix they have to rebuild a whole nation.. The President of HAITI is homeless this shows you that natral disaters doesnt care if your white, black, asian, hispanic RICH or POOR. it will kill the young and the old. Lets help this country that was a 3rd world country to begin with i can imagine what its like. When 9/11 happened other countries showed there support. Lets do our part.

Reply to Thread