? servers

? players online

What Nationality are you?

• Content Count:  8383

Italian/Korean/Britain/Scotland/America are not fucking ethnicities you tards.

Those actually can be

"An ethnic group is a group of humans whose members identify with each other, through a common heritage that is real or assumed. This shared heritage may be based upon putative common ancestry, history, kinship, religion, language, shared territory, nationality or physical appearance. Members of an ethnic group are conscious of belonging to an ethnic group; moreover ethnic identity is further marked by the recognition from others of a group's distinctiveness."

So if someone list their ethnic background and say they are part Italian, why isnt that ethnicities?

• Content Count:  6559

So if someone list their ethnic background and say they are part Italian, why isnt that ethnicities?

Because of the growth of immigration.

You could say "Canadian/British" and be 50% Middle Eastern and 50% Indian ethnically, yet in our heads, for the most part, when we hear someone say I'm Canadian/American you think of a White person.

I'm just saying, it can be misleading, given the intent of the statement versus the perception of the reader.

Personal example: If I had simply said "I'm Half French/ Half American", you wouldn't know I'm actually Half Asian. I would have answered his question of Nationality, but not of ethnicity, at least not in the sense that most people think of it.

• Content Count:  8383

Because of the growth of immigration.

You could say "Canadian/British" and be 50% Middle Eastern and 50% Indian ethnically, yet in our heads, for the most part, when we hear someone say I'm Canadian/American you think of a White person.

I'm just saying, it can be misleading, given the intent of the statement versus the perception of the reader.

Personal example: If I had simply said "I'm Half French/ Half American", you wouldn't know I'm actually Half Asian. I would have answered his question of Nationality, but not of ethnicity, at least not in the sense that most people think of it.

hmmm I see

Reply to Thread