? servers

? players online

Got Forum Award Idea? Post it

• Content Count:  6712

If the icons are to be shown on the posts, I'd like the ability to collapse/hide them. It adds more screen clutter. If they are awards, they should be for accomplishments, not their current position.

Active years, total thanks, post count, reputation are all redundant since they are already displayed. Also, we have a top 20 donor badge, why make an award for it as well? While I like the concept, this was horribly planned. All of these 'awards' are completely redundant and not truly awards.

Now that I think about it....exactly.

No need for almost all the current awards :confused1:

• Content Count:  420

Pointless.

No offense.

Fair Enough! :) But,

I suppose It encourages certain people In a way, to Perhaps aim towards achieving a certain position within the community?

Or feel "Rewarded" for their efforts for having achieved good things whilst in SG.

That's how I see It anyway.

• Content Count:  3391

Here are some suggestions:

Servers:

• Prison Break Aficionado - 50 hours in-game.
  • Zombie Houdini - 50 hours in-game Zombie Escape
  • Little Toys - 50 hours in-game Mini Games
  • Hang 10 - 50 hours in-game Surf
  • Grim Evader - 50 hours in-game Deathrun
  • Straight Skillz - 50 hours in-game Bhop/Trickz
  • Raw Dog - 50 hours in-game Reg CSS
  • Castle Basher - 50 hours in-game TF2

Forum:

• Helping Hand - Assisting members with questions/problems. Subjectively based.
  • Chatter Mouth - 100,000+ lines entered into the Chatbox.
  • Artistic Ability - Assisting members with signatures/avatars. Subjectively based.
  • Mapping Guru - Created 5+ approved maps that stay on the server for 30+ days.
  • Mad Hatter - Unintelligible posts. Poster makes little to no sense but is generally sincere. Subjectively based.
  • Grammar Nazi - Constantly griping about people's grammar, or lack thereof.
  • Brown Nose - A member who constantly sucks up to the higher ups.
  • Annoyingly Adored - A member who is seen as an incredibly annoying member, but is generally well liked. Subjectively based.

Misc:

• Awacs Special - A member who reports 100+ players and has them rightfully banned.
  • Undercover Cop - A member/admin that reports 5+ admins and has them banned.
  • Contributor - A member that has contributed beyond what was expected of them (assisting in scripts, maps, finding bugs, etc).

That's all I got for now.

• Content Count:  3457

Fair Enough! :) But,

I suppose It encourages certain people In a way, to Perhaps aim towards achieving a certain position within the community?

Or feel "Rewarded" for their efforts for having achieved good things whilst in SG.

That's how I see It anyway.

It's not like everyone can get SA/CA/LG/AO/BD, so there is no point in having awards for that.

Awards for things such as being in the community for a period of time, making maps, making sigs, winning events. They should make achievements for that kinda things.

• Content Count:  2390

Here are some suggestions:

Servers:

• Prison Break Aficionado - 50 hours in-game.
  • Zombie Houdini - 50 hours in-game Zombie Escape
  • Little Toys - 50 hours in-game Mini Games
  • Hang 10 - 50 hours in-game Surf
  • Grim Evader - 50 hours in-game Deathrun
  • Straight Skillz - 50 hours in-game Bhop/Trickz
  • Raw Dog - 50 hours in-game Reg CSS
  • Castle Basher - 50 hours in-game TF2

Forum:

• Helping Hand - Assisting members with questions/problems. Subjectively based.
  • Chatter Mouth - 100,000+ lines entered into the Chatbox.
  • Artistic Ability - Assisting members with signatures/avatars. Subjectively based.
  • Mapping Guru - Created 5+ approved maps that stay on the server for 30+ days.
  • Mad Hatter - Unintelligible posts. Poster makes little to no sense but is generally sincere. Subjectively based.
  • Grammar Nazi - Constantly griping about people's grammar, or lack thereof.
  • Brown Nose - A member who constantly sucks up to the higher ups.
  • Annoyingly Adored - A member who is seen as an incredibly annoying member, but is generally well liked. Subjectively based.

Misc:

• Awacs Special - A member who reports 100+ players and has them rightfully banned.
  • Undercover Cop - A member/admin that reports 5+ admins and has them banned.
  • Contributor - A member that has contributed beyond what was expected of them (assisting in scripts, maps, finding bugs, etc).

That's all I got for now.

Finally some creative ideas, only issue is with all the forum awards you have:

• Subjectively based awards are gonna have big issues
  • Pretty sure Paul is the only one who has 5+ maps, maybe change it to 1 or 2 +
  • I like the anti-awards awards, but its gonna be subject to the higher ups discretion

Easy solution for subjectively based awards though, just make it so you can nominate people for an award. Maybe up the amount of hours in-game as well.

I also liked how it wasn't until like the 5th page when people started to hate on the idea, seems like we might be getting better, or the trolls are getting slower.

• Content Count:  6559

I want a VP, EX-BD, EX-AO, my 3 year tag, outstanding member tag, Graduate tag, Donator tag ( haven't most of us donated during our time here, Top Poster Award, Trainer tag (i've had to train admins before).

Actually never mind, the awards are conceited and the amount of work needed to go through all the active members and keep all this shit up to date is insane and reeks of partisanship and favoritism manifested in these trivial images.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  420

I want a VP, EX-BD, EX-AO, my 3 year tag, outstanding member tag, Graduate tag, Donator tag ( haven't most of us donated during our time here, Top Poster Award, Trainer tag (i've had to train admins before).

Actually never mind, the awards are conceited and the amount of work needed to go through all the active members and keep all this shit up to date is insane and reeks of partisanship and favoritism manifested in these trivial images.

F F F F F FACE BREAKER!

lol

Reply to Thread