? servers

? players online

AO abuse, no strike..

• Content Count:  8383

So because he had 2 prior strikes he was more prone to being kicked out of admin without anyway giving a shit? How many strikes does Crimson have? Since Im sure that wasnt in yalls convo when dicussing this matter about what should happen to him.

Personally I think Bay and Crimson are both idiots for doing this, Ive seen Crimson do some dumb stuff in servers once and awhile which I never really gave a shit. But I just dont understand how higher ups like to make the smaller admin look like a bad guy when the AO was doing the same shit. Arent the higher ups suppose to be held to a higher standard then us? Or is it just preschool for former admins?

Really this doesnt effect me whatever happens here, but I think if your gonna punish one then punish the other or dont punish them. If they both did the same thing, you cant say one was wrong and one was right just because of their job in the community.

• Like 5
Edited by Drox

• Content Count:  6741

I wasn't a part of this discussion at all considering it all happened while I was commuting home from work. When I did find out what happened my initial and honest thought was that it was only a matter of time. Bay, in all honesty you do tend you bring this stuff upon you. I remember back when I was an SA you just did things to piss every other SA off like giving orders in admin chat and not listening to a thing that other people tell you. A year later it seems the same things are happening and after 2 strikes against your name and damn near a third not even a month ago (you were given a last final warning before your admin removal), I would have thought you would you been a bit more precautious as to what you are doing in the servers nowadays?

Personally, I was all for getting rid of you on the third time proof of this came up again, your ignorance is pure bliss. I knew you wouldn't listen. As to whether or not the third strike against you will stick or not I'm not bothered.

That's all I have to say.

• Content Count:  3391

I was rocketing myself and Dirty, and I apologize for that.

No offense Crimson, but therein lies the problem. Normally, a higher up would apologize for it and that would be it, but if an SA apologized for his actions, it means nothing. I'm glad Crimson is an AO and I do think he'll do a good job. I also feel that obsessing over admin abuse is going a little too far.

My personal opinion is that we are here to keep the servers safe and fun. The latter is especially true if you are an admin. You can give people enjoyment beyond normal means. If a player asks to be drugged or blinded, we can't, because it's considered abuse. Discretion should be used, of course, but if a player wants to be drugged for 5 seconds to see what it's like, I don't see the problem. I do see a problem with drugging an entire server or affecting someone's play that didn't want it. Admins abuse each other; it's hazing.

Now, it's come to a point where if admins want to screw with each other, they can only do it if there are no AO+'s present. I'm willing to bet that 99% of our admins have used their admin powers outside of the set rules and have not been caught. I'm also willing to bet that the majority of those times it affected players that wanted it, to pick on other admins, or had no affect on the outcome of the round in question.

I can go into a diatribe about my opinions on all of these matters, but it's pointless. If I teleported Crimson to his death, is that against the rules? Yes. Does he have every right to complain? Yes. Should he tell me to stop and warn me against those actions? I'd certainly hope so. There were a few complaints that I was involved in (not against me) that an admin was slapping or generally 'abusing' a player and that player was laughing it off and having a good time, only to make a complaint later on.

I know we don't want our admin powers used all of the time because it'd make the server look like shit and players may leave. But I also think that some discretion and contact should be used to prevent the majority of the admin-on-admin complaints.

If I posted the demos that I have, I could have a ton of admins removed, along with myself, due to 'abuse' of powers.

I feel like I've gone off long enough and started to get into my diatribe. I hate being 'that guy' that always makes these wall-of-text posts against higher ups, but I know I'm not the only one thinking the exact same thing. I respect all admins and higher ups. I may not agree with their decisions, but I do respect the work they do and the help they offer to the community.

• Like 14

• Content Count:  6712

People shouldn't be punished for causing FUN.

Can we stop abusing the rules to get people in trouble when it's not necessary??

Cmon...when people do things that IMPROVE the quality of the servers, why be technical and have them punished?

Doing small and silly things that people are alright to take part in (most of the time people are actually eager to be part of this kind of stuff, even if it involves being on the receiving end).

I've slapped people before, rocketed and then revived people....drugged, blinded, teleported..all in the name of fun....and how many complaints have I ever received for doing any of these things? None......and tbh I doubt I deserved any either. If you do it to improve the servers quality, rather than your own...then it shouldn't be punishable.

Although... we need to respect that some come into the servers to play the game, rather than see half the team mess around with admin powers....so anything that is done should be done in moderation....freedom to do things based on common sense has always been part of SG's admin system....yet some people are incapable of knowing when admins do some things that are good, even if the rules may suggest other wise.

I've always thought this is a delicate matter but, if admins are being removed for stupid reasons, something has to happen.

*edit* dam Virus....stealing my diatribe >:|

• Like 4
Edited by Lux

• Content Count:  8756

What I don't understand is why people who weren't even there are making such a commotion about this. From what I've seen in this thread, in this circumstance all the players in the game were having a fun time, and when bay teleported people, who were, as I recall, all admins, or mostly admins, no one objected, and they all laughed it off. From what bay said, even Crimson didn't mind- well, until after it seems. So I don't get what the big problem is. Bay teleported people, but everyone was still having fun. The gameplay was not altered for the most part, and it didn't bother anyone. Why not leave it at that?

Oh wait, some people in this community are too harsh, and use harsh punishments for the smallest of infractions. You say that the admins should be setting an example, and that is why we have to keep them to that job, but look at yourselves- by punishing admins for these types of things, you're giving our community a bad name- one that tells other gamers and communities outside of SG that we treat our admins way too strict, well at least in my opinion; and who's to say that this won't drive away potential good members and regular players?

I think that we need to all just stop for a second, sit down and think. By think, I mean think about how we treat each other, how much of an equal opportunity everyone has in the community, and how we can improve our treatment of players/admins, and dealing with situations such as these.

At this point in the community, I think that we are headed down a bad road, primarily because of the strict nature of treatment in our community overall. What we should do is re-evaluate how we deal with these types of things, so in the future no huge bouts like this one should come into play any longer. Admins, no matter what level, be it an SA or an AO, should be treated- and punished- the same, no matter what the circumstance.

In this situation, I think both should be let off the hook, because I see no real cause for alarm or foolishness. Bay was just trying to have a fun time, and Crimson was just trying to test out his powers/have some fun, whilst not affecting the majority of the gameplay.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2284

Whatever happened to, I won't tell if you won't tell.

I agree with Virus, I'm pretty sure 99% of us have used our powers in the way we aren't supposed to use them. I know for a fact that I could have gotten some admins some strikes, but I didn't.

Why?

Well, first off, it completely destroys the current relationship you have with that person. You begin to hate each other, and try to get each other into trouble. Thats what this community has come to.

I can see if they were actually abusing it, but most admins just like to spice up the gameplay a little.

I'm sick of people posting admin complaints about people who weren't even doing anything remotely bad, but was considered, Abuse and the person who posted it either wants to suck up, or look cool.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  300

never mind my dumb last post up above about my other strikes.

I will face the consequences the on what ever the Board has agreed on or will agree on, it was my bad for my ignorant acts. I wanted to put it on a fair playing field for me and all SA's after me.

Reply to Thread