? servers

? players online

Paintball

• Content Count:  137

Hey SG community. I was wondering if I could get some help from people who are knowledgeable about paint balling. I haven't tried it yet but get great enjoyment out of shooting real guns. I was wondering what I need to buy to not be a noob.

Edited by jmd787

• Content Count:  6741

great enjoyment out of shooting real guns.

I wouldn't say real...

Also is this going to hurt a lot because there seems to be tons of protection gear and I am hoping not to drop a grand on this.

It does sting, but not a lot. Depends where you get hit and how far away the shot was fired from. It can break skin depending if you get hit (knuckles, etc) but it's not a good enough reason to not do it. Just man up and enjoy it.

• Content Count:  2115

The best solid beginner gun is the Tipman 98. It'll run you around $120 new, a good mask for another $25, a nitrogen tank at around $80ish and just a box of paintballs for around $50ish. That'll be sufficient to get you started. From experience, I can tell you that the Tipman 98 is a great beginner gun, very robust and easily modable. If you know for SURE you're going to STICK to paintball though, I'd skip the Tipman 98 and go for an electric marker. Don't get spyders though, they are pretty cheap and will break on you fast. Get electric markers in the $400 range, which are still not the best markers out there, but they better than those $200 Spyders. I'll link you a good electric marker later on,

• Content Count:  137

yeah i'm probably going to stick with it. So spyders aren't good? because i read that they are the best brand and was going to buy one and now im scared to lol

• Content Count:  513

Do not buy padding, it is not needed, long clothing isn't either. Just some jogging pants, and a t-shirt, or long sleeve shirt is all that you need. I have been with people who get tired to fast because they are wearing sweaters. Dont do it!

Buy a mask, go to a local shop and test it to see if it is comfortable.

Buy an HPA tank, a little bit more expensive than Co2 but better in the long run. Also, the hopper, what feeds the paintballs, needs to be good. If you shoot to fast, and the hopper doesnt load fast enough, it could chop a ball. Here is a combo for both.

http://www.actionvillage.com/061-187-0025

Here is a good starter gun:

http://www.actionvillage.com/010-563-0001

• Content Count:  4960

. Also is this going to hurt a lot because there seems to be tons of protection gear and I am hoping not to drop a grand on this.

Me and my friend were shooting at my other friend and we hit their nipple. They told me that it hurts. It actually depends on where you're shot at to be honest. I've heard getting shot in the back of the head is the worst. Heck, I've been shot in the face once but I was wearing a mask so it didn't hurt. Getting shot on the fingers though or the legs or chest or even back doesn't really hurt that much imo, it just stings for a bit then disappears. It's probably worth it in the end anyways. I don't get bruises.

Reply to Thread