? servers

? players online

Paintball

• Content Count:  2115

errr just a quick question, do paint balls hurt?

From close distance, yes. If you let a member of the opposite the team get cloes to you in the first place, you deserve to be hurt.

Also, paintballs that just bonce off you and don't burst hurt more.

• Content Count:  137

So is it better to buy a cheap gun to start out with because im going to break it or should i buy an expensive gun that will last me many years. Also with expensive guns will it include instructions on how to repair it or should i just take it into a shop for repairs. So if spyders are out of the question what are good tournament level markers because im one of those guys who enjoys having gear that I can be proud of.

Edited by jmd787

• Content Count:  1465

It actually depends on where you're shot at to be honest. I've heard getting shot in the back of the head is the worst. Getting shot on the fingers though or the legs or chest or even back doesn't really hurt that much imo, it just stings for a bit then disappears. It's probably worth it in the end anyways. I don't get bruises.

This, I cut off the unimportant parts. Also for the neck shot thing. Me and my friend flanked either side while we had this kid that shot his paint ball gun through mid to surpress them. We both got 2 people on the neck ,while they friendly fired.

Also, paintballs that just bonce off you and don't burst hurt more.

I call bullshit. Why would it hurt more? The reason paintballs explode is because the speed of the ball hits you and explodes. If it doesnt go fast enough it doesn't explode. Well then again it could depend on how fast the ball travels.

First don't buy the equipment, I rented it on my first go. It is fun when you play with your friends. You can work together. I remember one of the rounds playing I shot someone in face face guard. Also if it doesn't explode it doesn't hurt as much. I got shot where your bladder is and it didn't explode I got lucky.

Edited by Movement

• Content Count:  513

Also, rent on your first go.

With the Ion though.

You will need a mask, go to a local shop and test it, to make sure it is comfortable.

You need a hopper, and an air tank.

http://www.actionvillage.com/061-187-0025

You may also want a pod pack, which carries extra paintballs with you.

And BTW, paintballs that don't break, depending on the paintball may, or may not hurt more. If the particular paintball that hits you doesn't break because it was slower, then it may hurt less. If it was just a thicker paintball, then it may hurt more.

• Content Count:  605

I used to play semi-pro on a team years back... God its so much fun. Here's the honest truth to how much paintballs hurt: If your playing at a place that has good fields and good amount of players players playing, your adrenaline rush will keep you from realizing any pain you may get from getting hit. I usually play back field during our games, but once I had to rush to mid field, and got shot right in the neck close range, but my adrenaline was so high, it didn't even hurt. Even though I had a huge welt on my neck afterward lol.

And it does depend if they break upon contact as well. And of course depends on the range/bps of the marker that's shooting at you. My old Bob Long Intimidator shot at 28bps but I was shooting long range, but imagine getting hit up close with that beast lol. It would huuurt.

Reply to Thread