? servers

? players online

Counter-Strike Online Trailer

• Content Count:  1554

OfT4A5fql_0

This vid might be old but I had just stumbled across it while looking at another community's forums.

Don't get any ideas off of this shit, it's just a clip that I think kicked ass.

More information about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike_Online

Edited by mNote

• Content Count:  6242

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Even though its a remake of Condition Zero it looks like it was only released to markets in Asia. :thumbdown: Hopefully they are reworking it for english markets.:thumbup:

• Content Count:  2433

OfT4A5fql_0

This vid might be old but I had just stumbled across it while looking at another community's forums.

Don't get any ideas off of this shit, it's just a clip that I think kicked ass.

More information about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike_Online

Isn't this what the thread was about in the first place?

• Content Count:  6712

Isn't this what the thread was about in the first place?

yeah fail.......

I don't personally like where new fps games are going.

If the new CS (presumable CS2) is anything like COD4 online I will personally go and kill all people associated with the making of the game. All the stupid terrain, on the ground in tall grass and on 50 foot high buildings and shooting through gaps only a nerds real (not E) penis could fit in. It just ruins the fun and makes it whorish.

I dunno...I like CSS as it is now. It mixes simplicity with a nice physics engine, anything more is annoying.

• Content Count:  868

Korean MMOs are incredibly awful. Every single one I've tried I've stopped playing after 10 minutes and uninstalled, well except for Drift City because it's radically different in concept.

The latest one I've tried was RF Online, of which they actually had the nerve to charge money for, both buying the game and a subscription(though currently it's completely free). The thing made my computer restart on it's own.

I hope they're only putting Nexon in as just a name brand and Valve does 100% of the work, though if no one outside of Asia has access to it I wouldn't care who does what with it.

• Content Count:  6712

Korean MMOs are incredibly awful. Every single one I've tried I've stopped playing after 10 minutes and uninstalled, well except for Drift City because it's radically different in concept.

Hey other MMOs aren't much better.

WoW lasted me 4 days (in which I didn't play much).

and that Eve online lasted me.....5 minutes.

• Content Count:  868

Hey other MMOs aren't much better.

WoW lasted me 4 days (in which I didn't play much).

and that Eve online lasted me.....5 minutes.

There's a difference at work here though. I like MMOs. You seem like you don't enjoy them; and that's fine, whatever makes you happy, but there's a major quality difference between something like World of Warcraft and pretty much anything out of Korea in terms of MMO. It's either the cultural difference or they just don't know how to make something decent, and by cultural difference I mean the literal slaying of the exact same monster by the thousands as a 'fun' game mechanic in Korea. World of Warcraft has a shortage of this while still being an MMO. And, to top it all off, should you choose to raid after you've reached max level it turns almost into a Diablo-like game where you hop in a dungeon looking for great equipment with 24 other friends in a game environment that's a bit more complicated than pointing and clicking on baddies. It's almost hilarious to me hearing some people bashing World of Warcraft and then seconds later praising Diablo. The 24 friends part alone keeps me coming back, half the fun of doing raids is socializing and joking around.

Many Korean MMOs throw you into their world, give you very little quests(and what little quests they do give you it's always slaying the same bunch of monsters you would have been slaying had you not taken the quest in the first place), and again it's the slaying of the exact same monster for days. I played Maple Story for a few days(Nexon game here people), and I stomached that just simply because it was a 2d game and it wasn't point-and-click like a lot of Korean MMOs seem to be. Sure enough, for days, even after getting up to level 25, I was killing the very same shit I was killing when I was at level 5.

Reply to Thread