? servers

? players online

In the wrong place

• Content Count:  62

I've been coming to the site/servers on and off for a few years and just donated some money to support the community. I started with $20 to see how the process worked (took an extremely long time to get my supporter status) for supporter status. I had planned to move forward each month with $100 dollar donations, but that all changed once I started looking around.

I have seen and heard from a few reg that some of the people in charge are not the greatest people and they tend to lash out and cause issues. I have been involved in many communities that worked well and some that didn't. The ones that worked well had staff that were all respected and treated each other with respect. The ones that failed had douche bags in charge that had a power trip and treated people like trash.

I thought steam gamers was a place I wanted to put down roots and hang out but not after what I have seen from one person that is in charge. I have place a quote from GarfieldH below from the admin complaint forum that was in response to a user named beth.

Are you stupid or something? I didn't ask if he knew the rules, I asked if he was free killing, it has nothing to do with if he understands the rules or not, I suggest you don't post in complaints if you don't have any constructive information to give, we thank you for the first post, but don't post again in a complaint if you don't have any information relating to your post, this is a warning.

This really took me by surprise as she didn't do or say anything that someone should take offense to and treat someone with such disrespect. I can't imagine how he would treat a regular player on the server or site if he is treating his staff in this manner.

I have looked at the people giving money and it is only going to take the loss of a few of your top people to really screw things up for this community and it's going to be hard to bring in more donators that can give big money if they are afraid of being treated in the fashion beth was. Communities like this are a rare thing these days and if you want to keep it running everyone needs to feel like it's a home. I don't want to live in a home where I'm getting yelled at or in fear of doing something wrong that I might get the wrath of GarfieldH down on me.

I'm going to take my money and head on over to eGO as from the little time i've spent their they all seem pretty respectable and treat their players and staff with respect.

It's now spring so many it's time for some cleaning out of bad apples that are in high positions that are driving the direction on this community and the face of it to the players.

If things change I will be sure to check back

• Like 20

• Content Count:  3343

That's Steamgamers for ya. Also eGO isn't really that much better from what I've heard, and they have no swearing rules, which doesn't make much sense because most of their hosted servers are in Mature rated games.

Edited by Psyche

• Content Count:  11501

A well thought out, logical review of the administration. You and I both know this is either A) going to be locked, or B) be flamed by the higher ups (probably the same you speak of).

I agree with you that douche bags who get put in charge of this community (not naming anybody) are making players leave. Notice how I said 'are' and not 'can'.

I love this community so I doubt I will be leaving it, but I understand you're reasoning. I am very glad you are one of the few people who can speak their mind against a higher up (especially in such a professional manner). These days, only people who don't give a fuck about being promoted will speak against a higher up.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  3343

A well thought out, logical review of the administration. You and I both know this is either A) going to be locked, or B) be flamed by the higher ups (probably the same you speak of).

I agree with you that douche bags who get put in charge of this community (not naming anybody) are making players leave. Notice how I said 'are' and not 'can'.

I love this community so I doubt I will be leaving it, but I understand you're reasoning. I am very glad you are one of the few people who can speak their mind against a higher up (especially in such a professional manner). These days, only people who don't give a fuck about being promoted will speak against a higher up.

This, 1000 times this.

Our community is fine. We have lots of fun, your just caring way to much about stupid edrama. That sprouts up every now and again.

Have you even BEEN anywhere else?

• Content Count:  2632

Our community is fine. We have lots of fun, your just caring way to much about stupid edrama. That sprouts up every now and again.

Power I can honestly tell you that SG is not fine. If some our higher ups can not follow this thread then what hope do we have. We have some higher ups insulting people in threads, just as lava showed.

I agree 100%

Edited by CandleJack

• Content Count:  1752

Couldn't have said it better.

• Content Count:  2942

May sound a little weird coming from myself, but I have to agree. I've noticed in the past and possibly even in the present I am mean, rude, and disrespectful to players. I would like to give a formal apology to anyone I may have bad mouthed, disrespected or slandered. I have been trying my best to be kind to everyone. I hope that people, including myself, can help make this community a safer environment for everyone.

Lava, I applaud you on speaking your mind against the administration.

Caution, I praise thee for such words.

• Content Count:  2750

I'll play the devils advocate here and say that we give too many chances to the wrong people.

For example, if I spam a server to the point where it crashes for no apparent reason, and get permed, there is no way in hell I should be getting admin privledges on said server.

Oh and I've noticed that I could go on a seperate account, spam the servers, make up a bullshit excuse on why I did it, suck dick on vent for about 3 weeks, and get admin. Which is pretty fuckin sad IMO.

/rant.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  8383

Same shit, different day. This community is good where it matters, yea you got some noobs here and there, aswell as douchebags. Altho news flash bro, every community gots at least 1-2 douchebags in the higher formations of any of em. Once you learn that, then you will not have so much to look forward to, in the next place you happen to end up.

We actually are all assholes, and even assholes to each other in the admin staff. So this little thing you quoted is just same shit, different day as I said. lol

Edited by Drox

Reply to Thread