? servers

? players online

G-Man Theory

• Content Count:  1802

And isnt it that G-Man is coming from this Alien World, maybe ur right Jaffa ur theory sounds realistic O_O, since G-Man actually comes from this alien world.

Woah think of they would have the alien world again in HL 2 episode 3, with the low grav and stuff, since that was fun and some change in gameplay :).... that whole going from HL1 to HL2 was a weird thing what happend between them actally ?

Gman isn't from alien planet, Eli said that he gave the crystal to them before blackmesa's accident.

He said it in ?ep 2 pretty end? When Alyx said those words that gman earlier planted on her (Don't remember what he said)

• Content Count:  674

There have been endless theories as to who the G-man is. Many assume his title is short for 'Government-man', hence his formal appearance and mannerisms (e.g. always straightening his tie). .

Haha I dont think it is a theory that G-Man is a government man, since G-Man is an American slang expression under

Gangsters for an FBI official. Originally the term referred

any type of federal agents / cops / investigators, with the G for

Government.

so there you go :d it has something to do with the government, so there must be higher ups that control him, but what has the government to do with gordon.

Maybe this is some consipiracy agains the US government, kind of that the US government is sometimes helping the people, such as helping gordon, and sometimes nearly brings them death by male decisions, so we can see Gordon as the people living in the States and that G-Man stands for the US government helping and missleading them in a world of Terror. (THE world of HALF-LIFE). Maybe thats something O_O.

I hope i helped there

Hmm, ep3 is about destroying the combine, I think, not the gman

I think you are right there, since I dont see a future in this game without the G-Man, he is probably one reason for why I keep playing this game, it gives me these weird feelings and Is cool and full of action but as well the game seems to carry a message.

:d so yes I agree with Nasu ep3 will be about getting rid of the combines like in hl2 and ep1 where they leave the aliens biehind.

Edited by yardy

• Content Count:  4263

Gman isn't from alien planet, Eli said that he gave the crystal to them before blackmesa's accident.

He said it in ?ep 2 pretty end? When Alyx said those words that gman earlier planted on her (Don't remember what he said)

Possibly though in HL1 G-man, on orders from his "employers" gave Eli the crystal so the combine could reach Earth? I still stand by my belief that G-man represents some form of mercenary company, sending out "agents" such as Freeman when paid to do so. In half-life 2 you hear the director guy speaking to the combine, mentioning that Freeman's contract had nearly run out, where it would then be up for highest bidder.

G-man's favourite phrase "the right person at the wrong time can make all the difference" seems to back this up.

Possibly though in HL1 G-man, on orders from his "employers" gave Eli the crystal so the combine could reach Earth? I still stand by my belief that G-man represents some form of mercenary company, sending out "agents" such as Freeman when paid to do so. In half-life 2 you hear the director guy speaking to the combine, mentioning that Freeman's contract had nearly run out, where it would then be up for highest bidder.

G-man's favourite phrase "the right person at the wrong time can make all the difference" seems to back this up.

I think that G-man was not related to Gordan in anyway what so ever. G-man is a compuerly generated organism created by the combine to make sure that Gordan success in neutralizing the portal so that would lay out freeman's permanent death. see in episode 3. as you may have noticed in half life opposing force at the ending, G-man is talking to you on how you failed to kill Gordan free man an how you would go into a transformation...so G-man is technical an assassin.

• Content Count:  2043

I think that G-man was not related to Gordan in anyway what so ever. G-man is a compuerly generated organism created by the combine to make sure that Gordan success in neutralizing the portal so that would lay out freeman's permanent death. see in episode 3. as you may have noticed in half life opposing force at the ending, G-man is talking to you on how you failed to kill Gordan free man an how you would go into a transformation...so G-man is technical an assassin.

I'm just gonna say "Wrong". That would make no sense to me so I won't accept that :toung:

• Content Count:  4198

Haha I dont think it is a theory that G-Man is a government man, since G-Man is an American slang expression under

Gangsters for an FBI official. Originally the term referred

any type of federal agents / cops / investigators, with the G for

Government.

so there you go :d it has something to do with the government, so there must be higher ups that control him, but what has the government to do with gordon.

Maybe this is some consipiracy agains the US government, kind of that the US government is sometimes helping the people, such as helping gordon, and sometimes nearly brings them death by male decisions, so we can see Gordon as the people living in the States and that G-Man stands for the US government helping and missleading them in a world of Terror. (THE world of HALF-LIFE). Maybe thats something O_O.

I hope i helped there

Not really, you kind of confused me. You said that you don't think it stands for Government-man as G-Man is an American expression for gangsters. You then go on to say it does have something to do with the government.

Anyway, it shouldn't be limited to the US government (or any other Earthly government) as it could be - and most likely is - a bunch of aliens running the show.

Not really, you kind of confused me. You said that you don't think it stands for Government-man as G-Man is an American expression for gangsters. You then go on to say it does have something to do with the government.

Anyway, it shouldn't be limited to the US government (or any other Earthly government) as it could be - and most likely is - a bunch of aliens running the show.

Yes but you never know O_O maybe there is really something behind this game it might sound weird or something but I mean to go against u government in a bad way maybe wont be tollerated and this is maybe the easiest way of showing the people how it is, the problem is the communication that you cant make it to obvious otherwise everybody will understand it. But the message may leak thorugh you know

Like from time to time people might see the reason behind it. Many books and character in them represent people but you cant see it in the moment only when you study it enough, such as poems in the middle ages that contained things only the higher ups understood since the people were to stupid.

Reply to Thread