? servers

? players online

Mikey got arrested.

• Content Count:  903

for smoking weed in public.

I was blasted at the police station and they let me go. i have to go to court on Tuesday.

What do u guys think is gonna happen if they found over all less then 1 gram of weed on us? how fucked am i?

• Content Count:  6741

1gram is literally nothing? In england if it was a rolled up spliff they would have just taken it off you. Depends if they think you were dealing..

• Content Count:  674

for smoking weed in public.

I was blasted at the police station and they let me go. i have to go to court on Tuesday.

What do u guys think is gonna happen if they found over all less then 1 gram of weed on us? how fucked am i?

You will go to prison for some weeks I think or you have to do social works, or you lucky if your parents bail you out...

:sad:

• Content Count:  903

You will go to prison for some weeks I think or you have to do social works, or you lucky if your parents bail you out...

:sad:

see i needed some useful answers not what they would do with me if i had a kilogram.

Drug-Related Laws in the State of New Jersey

In July, 1987, the New Jersey Comprehensive Drug Reform Act became law, with most recent amendments in June, 1988.

Any Rutgers student can be affected by this Act. Being aware of sections of this Act can help you make intelligent and responsible decisions concerning the use of drugs other than alcohol. (For information on alcohol-related laws, see brochure, Alcohol-Related Laws in the State of New Jersey

For further information on alcohol and other drugs you can contact the Department of Health Education in Hurtado Health Center, 11 Bishop Place, 932-7710.

If you or someone close to you is having a problem with alcohol or other drugs you can contact the Alcohol Assistance Program for Students, Hurtado Health Center, CAC 932-7976.

The New Jersey Comprehensive Drug Reform Act (N.J.S.2C) created new offensesm increased penalties for some existing offenses to "ensure the imposition of stern, consistent punishment for all drug offenders," and transferred all drug offenses into the Code of Criminal Justice.

SOME NEW OFFENSES AND STIFFER PENALTIES THAT CAN AFFECT THE COLLEGE STUDENT

New Offenses

"Designer Drugs":

These drugs, for example, "Ecstasy" and the look-alikes, are now included in the list of "controlled and dangerous substances."

Criminal Homicide:

If a person dies as a result of using a drug given by another, the giver of the drug can be charged with criminal homicide.

Drug-Free School Zones:

There is a special provision in this Act if you are on any school property (elementary or secondary) or within 1000 feet of any school property or school bus or on any school bus and are convicted of distributing, dispensing or possessing with intent to distribute a "controled or dangerous substance", you will be sentenced to a term of imprisonment and a fine up to $100,000 depending upon amount of the substance you possess. During part of this term of imprisonment you would not be eligible for parole.

NOTE: Areas of the Rutgers University campuses are considered to be within this school safety zone.

STIFFER PENALTIES

There is a penalty of mandatory loss or postponement of driving priveleges of at least 6 months upon conviction of many drug offenses, for example, possession of drug paraphernalia such as pipes, sifters, spoons.

Especially harsh penalties are established to impose "stern punishment for persons involved in illegal manufacture of drugs."

If a person distributes a drug to a minor (under the age of 17) or a pregnant female, there is now a stiffer penalty.

The Act provides for forfeiture provisions under which the state may confiscate a motor vehicle in which any "controlled dangerous substance" is found, no matter how small the amount.

Law enforcement officers are instucted to enforce all offenses strictly.

POTENTIAL PENALTIES FOR A CONVICTION

Simple possession, use or being under the influence of:

MARIJUANA: 0-18 months in jail and a fine of $500 to $15,000

COCAINE/CRACK: 3-5 years in jail and a fine of $1000 to $25,000

SPEED: same as cocaine

PSILOCYBIN and LSD: same as cocaine

Use or possession with intent to distribute:

MARIJUANA: 0-10 years in jail and a fine of $750 to $100,000

COCAINE: 3-20 years in jail (with a 3-5 year mandatory sentence with no parole if amount exceeds 5 oz.) and a fine of $1000 to $300,000

SPEED: 3-10 years in jail and a fine of $1000 to $100,000

PSILOCYBIN and LSD: 3-5 years in jail and a fine of $2000 to $300,000

In addition to the foregoing fines, every defendant convicted of any drug offense or who goes into a drug diversionary program must pay a mandatory penalty ranging from $500 to $3000 and a mandatory $50 laboratory charge.

Use or possession of drug paraphanalia: up to six months in jail, mandatory fine of $500 to $1000 and a mandatory loss of driving privileges for up to two years.

^ Copypasta.

Dont worry about it that much.

You should be fine

I hope you know that in the USA they take it very serious with Drugs, it is no Joke over there, in switzerland when you consume drugs they dont do anything against you as long as you dont drive or deal.

In the USA you get imprisoned for having drugs on you or taking in drugs for some years....

so no I think he wont be fine but lets hope it O_O

• Content Count:  469

Unless they can prove you had intent to sell, which won't happen if you had 1 gram like you said, then you will likely only be fined and given community service, and maybe probation or be required to take a anti-drug course. Thats assuming this is your first offense, if youve been arrested before you could get up to 3 months jail time and likely most of the things for a first offense.

Reply to Thread