? servers

? players online

This just might be goodbye

• Content Count:  6712

The PC can be used for good things like learning game design/programming/computer animation. Those are pretty profitable careers.

It depends on if that is his interest. For me the PC has been a release from stress, I wouldn't want to spend my time at work and at home on the PC..it'd be far too much.

For me the best way to study is to use your school computers. Whilst it may pain you at the time, if the admins ban any site of interest to you (like they did with me)...it stops you from doing anything else but work.

• Content Count:  581

same story for most gamers.

Good luck

This^^

Also i Have also thought about doing this many times but i havnt been in SG long enough SG is still to addicting.:bigsmile:

• Content Count:  1839

I used to have the same problem. One way to correct the issue is once you're in college, sign up for a degree that literally makes you too busy to give half a fuck about video games. This semester that ended a few weeks ago, i literally had no time to play ANY video games.

But for real, i was the exact same way. The only way I found to fix it, is to sort out your priorities, forcefully, consciously, and continuously. For the most part, for me at least, it was just I looked at video games the wrong way. Growing up as a lonely fat ass, video games were all I had as a child. So I looked at it as much more than a drug. It was all I ever wanted to do. I saw school/social engagements etc. as chores/obstacles between me and video games. It got so bad at one point, that I would dread any and everything that made me get out of the house or off of my fat ass in general. Even going out to eat I would pester my family to hurry up because I wanted to get back to playing games.

You've just got to make the conscious change to stop giving as much of a fuck about video games. No offense to anyone here, but you have to remind yourself, people you play video games with that you met and only spend time with over the internet, are NOT your real friends/people who should be that important to you. Remind yourself that its much better to forgo wasting time on your favorite hobby to spend time with friends/on school/with family.

Constantly remind yourself while playing games/looking at websites/whatever it is that you may waste time on, that you have to do that homework assignment. And if you find yourself playing video games when you still have those 15 problems of math to do, you have to force yourself to buck up and do it anyway. Even if its to the point that you stayed up to 2AM playing CSS, guess what, champ? You don't deserve to go to sleep that night. you get to do that homework instead!

Good luck in any regard.

Reply to Thread