? servers

? players online

A little confession.

• Content Count:  8383

oh look at the finns. being all racist with their swastica

Finland_Air_force.gif

if he put a smiley face on that, would it be acceptable?

The swastika is an ancient Finnish symbol (dating back to the Iron Age or further) and therefore commonly used in arts and crafts of the period of nationalism - 19th century to the early 20th century. Because the idea of Finland as an independent nation was so new, the need for powerful symbols that reinforced this idea was even greater. The swastika was dynamic, exotic and folkloristic - perfect for art with a message in the late 19th century. Artists who wanted to evoke a "national consciousness" incorporated the symbol in their paintings.

Traditional decorative patterns in Carelian handiwork sometimes include the swastika. Swastika is hakaristi ("hookcross") or vääräpää ("crooked head") in Finnish.

The swastika of the Finnish Defence Forces has its own story. The blue FAF swastika was originally the symbol of luck of the family of Count von Rosen, who donated to the Finnish "White Army" its first plane,a Morane-Saulnier L fighter aircraft, in 1918 during the Civil War. It was adopted as the official national marking of the Finnish Air Forces and later on, the Army. The Finnish women's voluntary defence organization, the Lotta Svärd, also used a swastika as its symbol and it also still appears in many Finnish medals and decorations, in a visually understated manner.

The Finnish swastika has nothing to do with the Nazi party, Nazi ideology or fascism. We Finns, like many other peoples, used it long before the Nazis. After the fall of the Third Reich, the Finnish Defence Forces abandoned the disreputable swastika in favour of the new national marking; the blue and white roundel.

yea, how racist of em.

• Content Count:  155

i think u should learn the meanings of the sign ... u don't say hi to ur mom by raising ur middle finger do u? it's just a sign u know ... she links it to an insult ...

yeah, but mabye i dont, and ive been trying to explain that. but you just feel like start going you offend me and stuff, and i understand that, but if the avatar got taken down already... your just tryin to change the past. It got taken down, ill make a new avatar, LEAVE ME ALONE

• Content Count:  763

oh look at the finns. being all racist with their swastica

Finland_Air_force.gif

if he put a smiley face on that, would it be acceptable?

that sign was already being used before the nazis ... & therefor could not have a link to the nazi

• Content Count:  110

that sign was already being used before the nazis ... & therefor could not have a link to the nazi

but why? its still a swastica. if our little kid who made the OP used that as his avatar, you'd let him keep it, right?

• Content Count:  2417

but why? its still a swastica. if our little kid who made the OP used that as his avatar, you'd let him keep it, right?

Lol. Did anyone make him change the first one?

• Content Count:  155

HEY GUYS LETS RENAME THIS THREAD.... LETS LEARN ABOUT NAZIS. seriously. u can flame me all you want with all those links. IM A 10 YEAR OLD BOY who got an idea of a picture, made it in paint, got good feedback, then got a guy to photoshop it, again getting good feedback, and now that my age is revealed now the flaming starts? jesus christ

• Content Count:  8383

Well It's a bit more complicated; "Jews" is a ethnoreligious group, meaning both an ethnicity and religion. So although not all jews are Jewish by ethnicity, it still could be considered Racism for those that are. It's a confusing thing sir, I get you.

That be like calling all Arab/Middle eastern people just Muslims and saying thats a race. :p Just native jews ascend from israelites thus where the confusing part of it rolls inbetween race and religion.

Reply to Thread