? servers

? players online

How to mother fucking surf!

• Content Count:  2596

Since the surf server was re-vamped, I figured now would be the best time to teach you noobs how to surf!

First off!

[YOUTUBE]1lsodaz8N8w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_xYIdy53pro[/YOUTUBE]

Secondly

Basics:

This is how i learned, pretend this is a ramp /\! when on this side of the ramp / (the left side) hold D and only D not W or S. When on this side \ (the right side) hold A and only A not W or S!

Speed:

To gain speed, swoop down the ramp, and stay lower on the ramp, the lower you stay the faster, try to keep your mouse movements as fluid as possible to avoid loss of speed.

Pull Offs:

To pull off the ramp quickly look at the ramp than look away from it. REMEMBER to keep your mouse movements fluid!!

DONT'S

Slap da ramp

This is a term Trogdor said to me and it really improved my surfing, you want everything you do to be in one fluid motion, never come into a ramp at a 90* angle always slide onto it to keep your speed.

Sharp turns

Instead of turning sharply turn in a arc, again surfing all comes down to FLUID you want all your movement to flow together you dont want sharp turns, you want arcs.

Tips

Sensitivity

Harder Surf maps and harder levels require an ability to make quick turns but still keep them fluid, this will require a higher sensitivity, I have mine set at 12 (super high) Try what ever sensitivity you feel comfortable with, than push it a little higher it takes a little bit to get used to but it helps surfing immensely.

Learning

I know its summer but this is probably the best advice i can give you, When your in the server dead watch people espeacially these people :

Trogdor.

Maya.

Me (sometimes)

Daze

ASD (if he is on)

Alphabot(Rarely on)

Now those are the basics, and remember nothing beats practice! And most people in the surf server will help you if you ask! (I know i will)

Hope to see you guys in there!

PS. Thanks to trogdor and ASD for teaching me to surf back in the day and Daze For fixing the surf server. and Zealot for being teh nub

• Like 5
Edited by Shamwow!

• Content Count:  482

Great job Shamwow! its time to start linking n00bs to this kuz ive never seen a better surf explination in my life! frame this man!

Oh, and to jump over, swoop back up the side of the ramp and flick your mouse as you go over the point of the top. :d

• Content Count:  1752

For those who are interested:

Biggest key is to not slap the ramp. When you're about to surf the next ramp you want to land as close to the spine as possible, WHILE looking down at the bottom of the ramp. You don't always do this, but it's a good habit to start. When you get close to the bottom, level out. As that ramp starts to end, pull up to the spine and "flick" off (as Shamwow said)

Probably should've put this in the surf section, seeing as those who want to learn would probably look there.

Edited by Trogdor

• Content Count:  2186

Probably should've put this in the surf section, seeing as those who want to learn would probably look there.

But it gets more views here, and he is a views- and a thankswhore...

But it gets more views here, and he is a views- and a thankswhore...

exactly.

Acctually I want people who say I dont wanna join surf i dont know how! to see it.

exactly.

Acctually I want people who say I dont wanna join surf i dont know how! to see it.

If they won't take the time to learn the basics on their own, I doubt they want to learn.

Anyways, nice job Sham.

PS: ASD is terribad.

I doubt some random youtube surf tut and your EXTENSIVE explanation of how to surf will really teach someone how, but now I'm just arguing to argue.

Nice job, Sham.

I love you too, We should set a time to be in surf server to teach people, no one better to learn from than you who is good, and me who has spent a ridiculouse amount of time in surf. (Not being afk) *cough*DAZE*cough*

I love you too, We should set a time to be in surf server to teach people, no one better to learn from than you who is good, and me who has spent a ridiculouse amount of time in surf. (Not being afk) *cough*DAZE*cough*

Yeah, I just read what I typed and that sounded a little harsh. Sorry bro.

Reply to Thread