? servers

? players online

NEED A JOB BAD! Recommendations!

• Content Count:  173

Lol only 7 apps? Takes a lot more work to get a job nowadays unfortunatly, expect no reply from 15 out of 20 apps at least. I'd advise asking family/friends if they can check at their employers for open positions, or opportunities.

Otherwise, try to sign up with a recruitment agency (if the US have them). I'm currently with a job recruitment company in the UK, they pretty much have a big list of client companies who go to them when they need someone to fill in a vacancy, or for a temp to do a bit of work. I'm just completing a week at Marubeni (Japanese trading company), and I might possibly be able to get a job with them or a subsidary, as they have said that they have been impressed with me.

Well, it isn't like i'm trying to go for a serious job right now, this is just seasonal stuff, entry level positions, i knew it was going to not be easy to get a job, but i didn't expect it to be this bad. Talked to a few friends around my area and they seems to be having the same problem. The only reason i've applied to 7 is because i've been looking for places to apply, only been doing it for the past two weeks as well, guess i shouldn't expect a call back right away either. I'm just going to keep on applying and hope for the best, i've got 6 more places lined up, done 9 now, so we will see how this does. If i don't even get a call back from any of them, i will be extremely disappointed.

• Content Count:  3791

Plenty of fast food places want employees, i've jsut got my self a place at a Fish and Chip place :)

Edited by Tweezy

• Content Count:  868

I was very fortunate to land a job as a GM for an MMORPG, and this is my first job ever. I'm even more fortunate that I'm working with awesome people. I actually run and control a game by myself because the audience is not that high... we peak at around 500 people with 300 being average. Because we're a very small company, I'm also doing bug testing for new games when they come in, I'm doing a lot of marketing research now because I don't need to spend my entire work day doing customer support for the game/running events, and I've done numerous other things.

The pay is shit but I love where I'm working and it's my first year still so pay can go up. I don't know if being a Computer Programming and Analysis graduate and a hardcore MMO player landed me the job or not but yeah, being a GM is tight. It depends on where you live though... if you don't live in a major major city you're probably not going to find such a studio to even work in.

• Content Count:  15

food places are your best bet for now, otherwise u can fill out an application to feed my goldfish every 3hrs(clothing optional)

Reply to Thread