? servers

? players online

Bring back the old admin promotion.

• Content Count:  4685

Like I said, just way too much input from so many people then plus people can exploit the system by having buddies outvote people who have honest opinions. Its a flawed system.

Thats changed how?:huh:

• Content Count:  1484

The old admin system will not come back.

No matter what your arguments are, it is NOT coming back.

You need to get your promotion via this way man, nothing you can do it about it.

The old system was also based on popularity, this system too, but way less.

I'll be honest; if the CA's dislike you then you will probably not get promoted as soon as you want.

Like I said; I was lucky to be in the program before the new batch of CA's were promoted otherwise I wouldn've gotten full admin either.

But it's the way it is, the current system is way better while you might not see it.

I think you dislike it due to your situation, but that's not a valid argument to simply get rid of the complete system because it's paying off.

And no, I'm not sucking up because I have nobody to suck up to.

Edited by P3rg3

• Content Count:  8383

I am on the forums at least once a day. I've explained this before. I just only post where I see necessary. I feel that is more than enough rather than post in topics that I have no voice in whatsoever.

Thats your choice but it makes you less noticeable

As I said, If I am that bad to of been an apprentice for 30 weeks, Why not just fire me and tell me to re-apply in x amount of time.

How would this fix your issue? Them remaking you a apprentice wouldnt better your chances if your still doing something wrong.

This system has SO many more flaws than what the old one did.

Not really, it just makes sure the admins that get in know what the hell they are doing and are right for the position. Where the old system let a lot of trouble makers in.

I play pb about 3 times a week for at least an hour. That is when I can stand it. MG. I totally avoid for one major reason. I dislike a majority of the maps.

I've got a few CA's on my friends list, They can see I am active through that can they not?.

Thats ure problem, when I was a apprentice I play 2-4 hours a day (with break inbetween of course). You cant expect to play for a hour and get noticed when the CAs barely see you on the servers. Even SAs wouldnt help you with this if we re-rolled back to the old system if they dont see you play more then a hour on 1-2 servers.

Ok so I spend most of my time on zombie escape but why should I be penalized for playing mainly on the server I enjoy most?. The main reasons I don't go on vent is because it screws with my dads pc and I prefer to have just one set of voices going off not two or more due to vent and ingame voice.

You can play on 1 server you enjoy, but it isnt gonna help you is my point. Since if they made you a SA that means you will only be on for 1 hour, on 1-2 servers. Without going to any other server to either help players in need of a admin or to make sure everything is going alright while also enjoying and getting to know other regulars in our servers. So knowing that, you being a SA would only help 1 server and not SG as a whole. Well I dont get on vent much either but only because I dont like talking to a lot of people at once on it. So I can understand that but it helps to just sit in a empty channel while u play so people do know your active.

I've said all I need to. Lock this topic if you want to.

Well I hope what I have told you does help you get SA, your a pretty cool guy when I have played with you on ZE. Just dont get so worked up about not getting SA. It will come to you, just be active and try to do some of the stuff I suggested to help you on your way.

Edited by Drox

• Content Count:  8383

Thats changed how?:huh:

I'd like to think the CA's have some kind of neutral mindset when they vote. I guess some faith in our mid-level admins. :p

• Content Count:  4685

I'd like to think the CA's have some kind of neutral mindset when they vote. I guess some faith in our mid-level admins. :p

Mmmmm, also in Hotshot's position and a few others it may not be the CA's who they have to worry about.

• Content Count:  5086

As I said, If I am that bad to of been an apprentice for 30 weeks, Why not just fire me and tell me to re-apply in x amount of time.

Because at that point it wouldn't be an inconvenience to the CA's, but to the BD's or me currently as I'm the the one running through SM support issues regarding admin/apprentice/supporter not working from being added before the servers, incorrect info input, or just an error somewhere. It isn't really worth the effort to keep track of these things and demote someone just because of whatever reason.

It isn't just the CA's who get a vote, some people do get held back when the votes go to BD's for whatever reason. I don't actually know you so I don't know your reasoning to be held back but if it bothers you, I'd suggest PM'ing a CA who has been around for your apprenticeship or a BD to simply ask.

• Content Count:  156

I guess what all have you said is correct.

Sorry I was just rather pissed off with why I still hadn't been told why I haven't been promoted yet. I would like to know why so I'll pm someone to ask. I guess there is nothing that can be done to change the system back to how it was.

Thanks for your replies and not saying what I thought a majority of the replies would of said.

• Content Count:  4360

Kiss more ass, if you really wanted it. You would be in vent 24/7, chatting with some CAs, playing with people. Just hanging out and getting to know peeps.

Edited by b0red

• Content Count:  1300

Because at that point it wouldn't be an inconvenience to the CA's, but to the BD's or me currently as I'm the the one running through SM support issues regarding admin/apprentice/supporter not working from being added before the servers, incorrect info input, or just an error somewhere. It isn't really worth the effort to keep track of these things and demote someone just because of whatever reason.

It isn't just the CA's who get a vote, some people do get held back when the votes go to BD's for whatever reason. I don't actually know you so I don't know your reasoning to be held back but if it bothers you, I'd suggest PM'ing a CA who has been around for your apprenticeship or a BD to simply ask.

hey now missy, you aren't the only one working on stuff :p

• Content Count:  11501

The main way I've seen to get a promotion is to kiss ass to the CA's.

No, it isn't. You obviously don't know the CA's if you think ass-kissing works. We fucking HATE when people kiss our ass (spam us with messages on steam, vent, forums, etc,), It's annoying and it gets you noticed in a bad way.

Why do we have to go on vent for CA's to see we are active, Is it not their job to see who is active etc. I rarely see any CA's playing on a server like ZE, And when they do it isn't for very long.

If a CA isn't willing to go on the servers to see who is and is not active then they shouldn't be allowed to be a CA in my opinion.

You do realize there are 11 CA's, right? Sorry we don't all meet almighty Hotshot's time schedule of when to play. Newsflash: Guess whose idea it was to put the "What servers are you usually in?" question on application. That's right, CA's. Not the AO's, BD's, or anybody else. CA's make an effort to find people and play with them, but it is also YOUR responsibility to get to know us, as well.

I am on the forums at least once a day. I've explained this before. I just only post where I see necessary. I feel that is more than enough rather than post in topics that I have no voice in whatsoever.

I'm not sure where you're going with this, seems like mindless chatter to make your post seem more convincing.

BD's shot that idea down. We aren't kicking anybody out unless you've been inactive for 3 months or for disciplinary reasons.

This system has SO many more flaws than what the old one did.

Please, PLEASE show me the "SO" many more flaws. Make sure you don't make yourself look anymore ignorant when you post them, though!

I play pb about 3 times a week for at least an hour. That is when I can stand it. MG. I totally avoid for one major reason. I dislike a majority of the maps.

I've got a few CA's on my friends list, They can see I am active through that can they not?.

Once again, not sure where you're going with this. You aren't inactive. WE KNOW. Activity =/= automatic admin.

Ok so I spend most of my time on zombie escape but why should I be penalized for playing mainly on the server I enjoy most?. The main reasons I don't go on vent is because it screws with my dads pc and I prefer to have just one set of voices going off not two or more due to vent and ingame voice.

You're not being penalized for anything. Play where you want to play. Just because you refuse to use another source of getting to know CA's does not mean you are being "penalized".

We do, and anybody who says otherwise can cram it up their ass because they have 0 idea.

I guess what all have you said is correct.

Sorry I was just rather pissed off with why I still hadn't been told why I haven't been promoted yet. I would like to know why so I'll pm someone to ask. I guess there is nothing that can be done to change the system back to how it was.

Making this public was a stupid choice. You probably could care less about the old system; you just think that you're either: doing something wrong and not being told, or you deserve admin. I know one reason you weren't considered for awhile was because you had an admin complaint that nearly got you kicked out the apprenticeship program altogether.

Kiss more ass, if you really wanted it. You would be in vent 24/7, chatting with some CAs, playing with people. Just hanging out and getting to know peeps.

No, don't kiss ass. GET ACTIVE.

In red.

Reply to Thread