? servers

? players online

What programming languages do you know?

• Content Count:  2085

What programming languages are you proficient at, or have used at one point? What do you rank yourself in this language?

Personally:

Java (Higher beginner, I had to do for school but hate it)

Some Delphi/Pascal hybrid (Highly advanced a few years ago, have not used it in a long time)

Perl (Advanced, use it quite a bit for work)

Python (Advanced, same level and use as Perl)

Bash (Advanced. You can not consider Bash a "true language" by itself, but you can do pretty impressive stuff with its addons and tools).

"Web languages" HTML/CSS... these aren't really languages, they are just markup..

PHP (Lower advanced)

Whip out your E-Peen, and brag about your knowledge! For bonus points, show examples of what you have worked on.

I looked around a bit for a thread like this, and could not find one! If I missed it, kindly erase this thread :3

Guest Phobos

Java - "higher beginner"- took a course in it for high school. it's lame.

C/C++/C# - higher beginner? Taking two classes of it in a few months. Going for GameDev degree :)

PHP - intermediate to advanced- I use it often to make my own server status forum sigs, I can code CMSes, etc. if I really wanted to. Still working on security+efficiency though.

vB - another "meh" language imo. nub at it, I suppose.

• Content Count:  494

(In order of how I learned them)

Small (Advanced) - Simple, yet powerful scripting language based off of C. Wrote scores of AMX Mod X plugins for different people since 2006 in this handy langauge.

SQL (Beginner-Experienced) - I can do basic queries and then a few more advanced queries. Enough knowledge to create RPG addons and such with.

PHP (Experienced) - Uhh, it's PHP. Nuff said.

Java (Intermediate-Advanced) - Love it. So fast and easy to throw a simple program together.

LUA (Experienced) - Shoot me now. I absolutely hate this language with every fiber of my being.

C++ (Beginner) - Started learning it in Fall of 09 with a college course. Haven't really done anything in it since. The bad thing is I have to pretty much master this by 2011. :\

• Content Count:  240

I have spent many good times LOL with brainfuck and similar shit languages.

I would say I know 0 languages and markup since I never bother to remember any of the functions/etc and usually refer to manuals to check if I'm using something correctly. I've done html/xhtml, java, python, bash, c++ and the one I tend to use most is Maple (not really a language if you put some other rules in place) since I tend to only use the mathematical sides.

• Content Count:  1839

C/C++: Experienced

Assembly: Highly Experienced

Verilog/VHDL: Moderately Experienced

All of them used in labs and projects in my electrical engineering courses. used verilog this past semester to make a tank follow a white line and stuff autonomously.

Reply to Thread