? servers

? players online

my babys mama

• Content Count:  1079

Note that I've edited my earlier post.

I do want to reiterate though: It's not the infractions that are my complaint. My complaint is the hypocrisy within a system that claims to be objective and fair.

• Content Count:  3343

Note that I've edited my earlier post.

I do want to reiterate though: It's not the infractions that are my complaint. My complaint is the hypocrisy within a system that claims to be objective and fair.

I would tell you to flip your pillow to the cold side but I am watching the Flintstones, so I am just going to leave it at that, also this thread was useless to begin with lock plz.

• Like 1
Edited by Psyche

My pillow side has been on the cold side.

But for a long time, I and many other have only asked for one thing: the admission that many decisions in this community are subjective and biased and greatly influenced by personal connections, and are not always objective in the slightest.

Edit: Not only an admission from a higher-up, but it'd also be nice if people would stop saying things like "community decisions are almost always objective, fair, and straightforward".

• Content Count:  3343

But for a long time, I and many other have only asked for one thing: the admission that many decisions in this community are subjective and biased and greatly influenced by personal connections, and are not always objective in the slightest.

Edit: Not only an admission from a higher-up, but it'd also be nice if people would stop saying things like "community decisions are almost always objective, fair, and straightforward".

I thought you were complaining about the infractions, now this is about how community decisions are unfair? lol, mick's decision to give jake an infraction wasn't a community decision we didn't have a goddamn meeting to suggest if jake needs and infraction. Infractions are never used for punishment by any means, the only reason we have them is them being part of the forums. Here's what happened, jake spams all the time, mick gave him an infraction (even though it does nothing) and insulted him a little (its Mick, how is this shocking to you,) you flip a shit and start blabbing about how SA's are treated unfairly and CA's are favored. What? I'm sure if any other SA went and gave an infraction to him nobody would care, you are being dumb.

Edited by Psyche

I haven't been talking about whether he spams all the time. The fact of the matter is that Jake posted something that was as useful as Mick's posts and got an infraction. No matter the importance of the infraction, it was done simply because Mick was being a douche rather than a responsible CA. Meaning, aren't CAs supposed to be mature and role-model how the higher-ups want this community to behave at least half of the time?

But, y'know what, lemme do this in a easy-to-read format:

---

1. Mick hands out infraction because he simply doesn't like Jake, which is disappointment #1 in how members who're ranked higher than SAs are technically supposed to be good role-models most of the time (according to what I've seen from the BDs' expectations).

2. I make a response to Mick, saying that he is as much a retard as those he insults. The statement is the warrant for my claim to his hypocrisy.

3. Mick replies to me and essentially says that no one in the community cares about my opinion. He also "pulls rank" on me, explaining how he knows better and that I'm clueless. Disappointment #2.

4. I again reply. I note how he cares a lot about my replies because he keeps reply to me; I describe how his argument of his joining date holding more authority and better knowledge is flawed; I point out that the infraction was silly and for self-entertainment, not for a legitimate reason. Disappointment #3.

5. Caution and Mick reply with posts that are clique-orientated and have no value in the conversation besides subtle trolling. Disappointment #4.

6. You (Psyche) comment on my ability to play L4D2 and Alien Swarm and comment on how my stand on infractions (and, for that matter, Jake's infraction from Mick) is misplaced because infractions haven't ever been taken seriously.

7. I replied to you (Psyche) and said it seemed ironic to me that SAs would be punished for giving out unjustified infractions whereas Mick never has been punished for the same action(s).

8. I make another post that's in conjunction with the above point. This post links the previous argument in that it's hypocritical for SAs to be punished for "action A" while higher-ranked people aren't punished for the same action.

9. You offer to stop the conversation, showing lack of interest while also telling me to relax.

10. I continued the conversation. I made a statement about wanting an admission (which is explained in the post) from the higher-ups. This statement was in conjunction from #8 of this list: "#8" noted hypocrisy in treatment differences between CAs+ and those below. The request for the admission was in reference to the hypocrisy statement: if the higher-ups admit that they make decisions subjectively (thus breaking their past statements that things are almost always objective), then the clique that exists "up there" and that has immunity will finally be recognized publicly.

---

The infraction was an example of how Mick is excused from his constant misbehavior. The fact that he's constantly excused is an example of how certain people within "the clique" get immunity and subjective treatment. The subjective treatment means biased and influenced decisions, which contradict previous statements by the higher-ups. If the higher-ups admit to the subjectivity, then it'll be publicly understood why misbehavior continues to thrives within the leadership positions of this community.

• Content Count:  1571

Avro, why did you give me an infraction for this post?

Quote:

Reason: Signature Rule Violation

-------

:laugh:

-------

That just shows me what a bad admin you are.

Edited by starbucks

Avro, why did you give me an infraction for this?

That just shows me what a bad admin you are.

My reply that has absolutely no hole in it whatsoever:

also on the matter or ca's punishing sa's you have no idea so please stay out of it, it has nothing to do with you also i have been here for a whole lot longer than you and have more experience of this community so you quite clearly are bad man

Why are you crying, infractions don't even do anything, and if I remember correctly SA's can hand them out too, I could be wrong, some dumb SA could have spammed infractions and got them taken away, but regardless why are you complaining.
Edited by Chêvouÿx
Fixed typo

Reply to Thread