? players online

Are the rules bendable?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are the rules bendable?

• Yes, if it is all in good fun.
    • No, rules are rules.

Rules and Abuse

• Content Count:  539

Im bored, so I wanted to see how the general community viewed the rules.

In my opinion, theyre guidelines. If youve played with me, you know that :d

I think that the rules should be very bendable, and are just there to make sure people cant ruin the fun. Its much better to be playing on a server with an admin who doesnt care if a rule is broken as long as its in good humor and taken as such (kool for example:thumb:) then be playin with someone who more or less will ban you regardless (Xoul on a bad day:cry:)

What do you think?

• Like 2

• Content Count:  571

I mean if we're talking about PB, and you're a CT messing with a T and the T doesn't mind i say go for it. Both parties should agree to it though, lol.

This ^^ Lulz

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3697

Both parties need to enjoy it. Some rules should never be bent... Other's I will allow as long as people like it.

Griefing can never be positive, because the exact nature of it is detrimental to someone. This should always be enforced.

Mic spamming can be bendable because sometimes people enjoy it...

But to say that the rules are guidelines and should be "very" bendable, means you *probably* deserve to be banned for bending the rules too much lol.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  6084

It was previously assumed early on in SG servers that if there was consensus among the players before the admin used powers that there was no problem.

If an entire server (including say, all the players on T and CT in PB that wanted to knock over the tower in a map and make it randomly clip into the objects and thus needed admins to help by spotting the object outside of the map and noclip behind it to push it back in, with the exception of Awacs who proceeded to unload into the entire T team for having guns) is okay with whatever the admin is doing and their fun is at someone's expense, then it was all kosher. Some where down the line for various reasons, such as some very thickheaded admins who couldn't understand this concept and overzealous community members that demanded pure equality in the servers put and end to that little golden age.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  1262

Our jobs as SA-A+ is to keep the servers clean but fun. If the rule being broken is improving *EVERYONES* enjoyment, then I personally see why it couldent be bent around. But if 20 people are enjoying it and one person is truly finding it annoying then I would personally request a closure to the event.

I would love to hear from a CA+ what they thing about the one person thing. If there is a server of about 24 people, and everyone is enjoying it except one person, does that mean it should be stopped? If one person isnt enjoying it, chances are that more are not either.

• Content Count:  494

I believe that some rules should be slightly bendable, as was said, if EVERYONE enjoys it. Everyone has equal rights to the servers (except haggard who owns them), and its a privilege, not a right, for anyone else to be on them. Thus, if even one person doesn't enjoy whats being done if its against the rules, it shouldn't be allowed. However,something like mic spamming music should be allowed again IMO so long as EVERYONE enjoys it, or those who don't don't say so in which case no one knows that someone isn't enjoying it and its there own fault for not speaking up.

Reply to Thread